Rini didn't get back together {1}

Basically, this is what would happen if Ricky and Nini didn't get back together in 1x10. So remove seasons 2-4 from your brain now. If you guys like this, I might make more parts.

Ricky's POV
What just happened? Nini and I just spoke and agreed that we wanted to go back to how our friendship was freshman year and before. We were close.

Then Gina came in.

Unless I understood it wrong, she had feelings for me...kind of how I think I might feel about her.

But now she's leaving. And she's not coming back. We just talked, and I think the whole era of Gina and Ricky has officially crashed. It's done.

Gina's POV
What just happened? I just spoke with Ricky and now I'm leaving to get back to the airport.

Well that's what I thought...until Ashlyn spoke with me.

"Unless...I just had the craziest idea."

"What?" I asked.

"What if you stay in Salt Lake? Like with me? The sister I always wanted."

"Are you for real?"

"Let's try it out through break and see how we like it."

"Thank you, Ashlyn." I said, reaching forward and engulfing her in a hug.

"Hey, where were you by the way?"

"Oh." God, I suck at improv, but I couldn't just tell her. "I was just getting something I needed."

She nodded. "Okay. Let's head to my place for the party."

•••

"Gina. You're still here?" Ricky asked me, walking hesitantly into the kitchen.

"Yeah. I figured out a living arrangement." I said barely above a whisper.

"That's great. I'm happy for you."

"So you and Nini..?"

"Nah, we work best as friends. As our own individuals who can hangout one on one but mostly with friends."

"Well, I'm glad you figured that out, Ricky."

"Thanks. Are you okay?"

"I'm just waiting for someone to...give me what I gave them in return...metaphorically."

"You'll receive soon."

"I'll live." Then I walked off.

Ricky's POV
"G-Gina. The cupcakes you made- are amazing." She slammed the front door of Ash's house.

"Where's she going?" I asked as Ashlyn walked in sadly.

"Where can she? She'll have to come back eventually."

"Ashlyn, I-"

"Look, Ricky, you didn't do anything wrong. She's just had a long day, a hard one. A demanding one, even. She's got to be exhausted and kind of sick of the drama."

"I get it."

"I know you do."

•••

"Hey, Gi, you alright?" She walked back in about ten minutes later.

"Yeah, sorry. I needed to cool off. And that I did." She said, rubbing her arms a bit. "I didn't pack much clothing, never thought I was staying here." She shrugged.

"Here." I held out my sweatshirt.

"Ricky, I can't take this."

"Why not?"

"That's a boyfriend, girlfriend thing. It's not a 'we're kind of still friends thing'."

"Then why not let it be what it is as a boyfriend and girlfriend thing."

"Are you saying-?"

"Can I kiss you?"

•••500 words•••