✈️ long distance ✈️ **Thanksgiving**

Ricky and Gina are away at college. Ricky's in Utah, Gina in New York. But they believe in their relationship, and they will make long distance work. They haven't seen each other for two months now, and it's November.

Fun fact, I actually started writing this in August or September, but here we are releasing it in the month it takes place.

Gina: Freshman
Ricky: Sophomore

Ricky's POV
It's Saturday today. I don't have any classes, and I want to spend the day texting or calling Gina.

The freshman year of college is hard, I know. It's a big adjustment, and she's all alone for the first time.

hi sweetie 🥰

hi

you okay cutie???

i miss you 😢

I miss you too but I'll see you for Thanksgiving

That's literally the end of the month, Richard!!!!

well my break starts in two weeks!!! then i come to you!

I can't wait

Me neither

Then I will come to Salt Lake for Christmas???

I'd love that! Emmy can't wait to see you 😉

Yeah? I can't believe she's a junior already.

I know. She's growing up 😭

•••

hey, baby. you busy???

It's eight at night where I am, ten o'clock for Gina. I saw the text from my girlfriend and smiled. We had only called briefly once earlier, while I had hoped to talk longer.

Never for you

Wanna call?????!!!

Absolutely

"Hey!" I smiled, seeing her pop up on camera.

"Hi, Baby. How are you?" She asked, sleep evident in her voice.

"Good, are you sleepy?"

"It's ten here, Ricky, but I miss you."

"I miss you too. But I'll see you soon. How's freshman year treating ya?"

"It's good. How are you, Mr. Sophomore?"

"I'm good. Classes are good, grades are alright."

"Alright as in..."

"Passing. All of them. And they are all above eighty-five!"

"Oh, Ricky! I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, Gi. College is a lot better for me. They actually treat me like an adult here."

"Tell me about it." She said sarcastically.

"Seriously, they better be treating my favorite person ever and my girlfriend like a princess."

"Okay, well that's a bit much, but they're plenty good."

•••

It felt like forever, but soon enough, I was on my way to Gina for Thanksgiving.

It took me quite a while, but I finally found her apartment and knocked, thrilled and overjoyed to be seeing her.

"Gina!" I pulled her into my arms as she opened the door.

"Ricky." She sighed into my shirt, her legs wrapping 'round my waist, and her hands finding their usual places in my hair.

As she got down, my arms remained around her hips.

"You look so cute." I remarked, observing her outfit of a sports bra and sweatpants.

"Ricky, I haven't changed yet or done my hair." She mumbled.

"Don't be embarrassed." I told her, stepping into her new home. "I don't care how you look."

"I can't believe you wanted to come out here on Thanksgiving. You know you're going to be eating with just me, right?" She asked, blushing.

"And that's completely fine. I love you so much. Happy Thanksgiving, Gina."

"Happy Thanksgiving, Ricky."