Insecurites at the pool

A summer one shot OF COURSE
Requested by Dc007fan1000

Also I have no clue why the type of quotation marks switches part way through...

It was the summer after Ricky's senior year, and Gina's junior. The whole gang was getting together for a pool party at Big Red's house, because of course no one knew Big Red had a POOL in his backyard.

Ricky was on Gina's bed, playing a game on his phone while she looked in the mirror whilst the trying on several bathing suits.

"Maybe I just shouldn't wear a bikini all together." Gina sighs.

"I think they all look great, but ultimately it's up to you."

"I don't know, Rick. The- the...proportions just don't seem right."

"Proportions? Gi, I think a bikini would look great, but a one piece would too."

"Ugh, I don't know. Can you choose?"

"Gi..." Ricky sighs, approaching her full length mirror, wrapping his arms around her waist. "Look at you-"

"Disproportionate?"

"Gorgeous. And so much more than your looks."

She smiles. "I'll just bring a cover up. I'll wear this one. What are you wearing?"

"T-Shirt and these shorts." Ricky shrugs.. "I can go in the water with the shorts."

•••

At the party, Gina and Ricky both seem reluctant to get in the pool. Ricky hasn't taken off his shirt, and Gina hasn't with her cover up.

"You going in?" He asks, sighing and taking his off. Gina thought he looked perfectly toned and amazing.

"Yeah...in a minute."

"Let me see you, Baby."

"Soon."

Gina
"Ricky? You okay?" I ask, dipping my toes in the water, cover up on.

"Yeah, umm...the guys here...just a lot of...a lot more buff, to be honest. Don't laugh."

"I'm not gonna laugh, Cutie. That's not funny."

"It's not?"

"You're a guy. I'm a girl. A girl's insecurities are no more serious than a guys."

"You're really pretty. I can tell you don't feel like it always."

I nod, smiling. I pull off my cover up.

"Let's swim, Bowen. I promise no one pays as much attention as you."

"Okay....same for you."

"Let's show each other some love today."

"Yeah." He starts. "And let's HAVE FUN!"