Chapter 15

"Right. Okay, now raise your leg a bit more..." I tried with all of my might to hold my crouched position as I felt Scourge slightly lift my right front leg with his tail. "Just like that," the black tom then muttered with a sharp nod. "Obviously you'll have to adjust based on who or where you're slashing at, but that's general how you'd be positioned."

I gave a sharp nod in return, slightly shifting back and forth to get used to the position Scourge had just shown me – the position to prep for a slash to the throat. "Okay! Neat," I meowed before standing up fully. "Are we done here?"

Scourge immediately narrowed his blue eyes. "Very funny. Try the move."

While trying to hold in a purr of amusement, I stared back at the tom with pleading eyes. "I'd almost rather let your teaching sink in, and then I can try it tomorrow!"

"If you don't try it now, you won't even be able to do it tomorrow," Scourge retorted, taking a step towards me. "Do it."

"And just embarrass myself all over again?" I then sighed. I don't think anyone would have the spirit to try a move like this again when they mess it up majorly the first time... I told myself. Especially when "messing up" means thrusting your leg forward and accidently throwing yourself to the side...

"It wasn't that bad," Scourge murmured, giving a roll of his eyes.

I had to admit, hearing that from him was immensely relieving. However... "For all I know, if I mess it up again, you're kicking me out of here," I only half-teasingly pointed out.

"Well, that's not happening," Scourge then muttered dismissively as he then flicked his tail, prompting me to get back into position. "So just try the move."

I started to do so, but quickly froze. "There's no way you'd kick me out of here?"

"No," Scourge answered simply. "Try the move."

But I couldn't help but push on, actually surprised that he'd made that initial statement of not kicking me out. "Is it because I'm useful, or because you like having me here?" I then winked, which I honestly did without hesitation. First, I had no problem talking back to him – that's still the case – and now I have absolutely no problem joking with him.

Well... maybe joking.

Of course, there was never much reciprocation either way. Not much. "Try the move," Scourge meowed again as he stared back at me, his expression giving nothing away.

I then tilted my head to the side. "I have to try the move being full of oblivion?"

"Yes, Mist," Scourge then muttered through gritted teeth. "Try the move."

I then gave a roll of my own eyes, finally giving in and taking the situation more seriously. If anything, my teasing is what is going to ever get me kicked out of here... "Fine. Here goes."

Then, after a deep breath and fully getting into position, I proceeded to try the front-paw slash that Scourge had been spending the latter half of the day showing me, trying to give the biggest gash possible on the pillow that Scourge had set in front of me.

Thank goodness, this second attempt was a complete success, my fully unsheathed claws slashing through the cloth, but causing feathers to fly everywhere.

I began to shake my head quickly, purring with amusement as several feathers seemed to gravitate towards my eyes and nose. "Hah! Just pretend that all of these feathers are blood," I meowed jokingly just before having to let out a sneeze. "Was that okay?"

I then let out another purr of amusement as I looked at Scourge to see his black fur covered in feathers as well. Looking embarrassed, he quickly gave a shake of his own fur. "I guess it's enough for me to let you stay here."