Author's Note

Oh my goodness, you all.

When I tell you that I cannot believe this is done... I cannot BELIEVE THIS IS DONE.

To give a little backstory, I actually created Mistpelt's Story on Wattpad not too long after I wrote the FIRST edition of the first book of Kittypet Clanborn - so, like 2014. Just like I did back in the day, I rushed the writing and just tried to to spit out as many half-butted chapters as I could. 

But after about ten chapters or so, I didn't focus on this story, and fully focused on writing the Kittypet Clanborn arc. Even after my long hiatus between 2017 and 2020, I found that finishing Mistpelt's Story is just not what I wanted to focus on. 

In fact, reading it back in 2020, it was SO bad in my eyes that I actually ended up deleting it for a while, before deciding to re-publish the bad chapters later on just so people could get a kick out of it. To be honest, I had no plans of ever writing any more of it or finishing it. I knew Mistpelt's entire backstory, and we'd dabbled into pieces of it throughout my fanfiction arc, but it just felt like an overwhelming amount of work to write all of it in a full book, let alone a super edition.

Something about this book just felt more difficult than writing my entire fanfiction arc, weirdly.

But as I've grown older, I've realized that I absolutely HATE leaving projects incomplete, and I later realized that this story had so much potential (and to be honest, I thought it would be very helpful in setting things up for the second arc of Kittypet Clanborn, hehe!). 

So, even though I knew it would be a ridiculous amount of work, I got rid of the original Mistpelt's Story chapters once again and started fresh about a year ago, and I could NOT be more thankful that I did. Not to pat myself on the back too much, but after so many years of being overwhelmed by the task of writing this book, I FINALLY HAVE DONE IT! And I'm actually much, much more proud of it than I thought I would be.

Our girl Mistpelt got her moment, and I think and hope that this story adds a bit more substance to my first arc in my fanfiction series... and hopefully also will for future books!

Okay, enough about that stuff. Now it's time to thank you all for making it this far, and being such amazing, beautiful supports of this arc. As I always say, you all are partly the reason that I still do this - seeing all of your love, excitement, and comments makes a more difficult writing task like this feel so much easier. Thank you <3

And I'm not sure if you all can recall the plans I announced I had after this book was done, but just in case, I'll say them again...

Now that Mistpelt's Story is done, I can now officially begin working on the second arc of my Kittypet Clanborn fanfiction series!!

Guys, I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am for this. I already have a HUGE master document of plans for every single book ;) I also can't even begin to describe how excited I am to continue the stories of our girl Lilypetal, as well as Goldenshine and Swiftflight. While I am not quite sure when the first book of this series will come out, I am hoping that it will be fairly soon! I'll continue to be planning in the meantime, hehe! So, I hope you all are looking forward to that!

And with that, I'm outta here to go and mark this book as complete! Once again, thank you all so, so much for reading, and I could not be more grateful for you all <3

~ may StarClan light your path ~

- warriorcatlover345