58

Jin surprisingly found himself in the middle of a busy household with the helpers bringing whatever as they rushed in and out of the house.

Jungkook' s mother was giving the instructions as to where to put the balloons and flowers while occasionally reprimanding YeonJun for popping some of them.

"What's happening? Is it someone's birthday?" Jin unconsciously muttered not even realizing that Jungkook was watching him the entire time.

Jin caught a glance of Cherry who was sitting like a princess on one corner while sipping wine.

Jin didn't really intend to talk back to Cherry earlier as he didn't wanna create any problem but Cherry was already getting on his nerves especially when she pointed out her so-called advantage for being friends with Jungkook for how many years.

"My mom's organizing a dinner party to congratulate us." Jungkook said

That made Jin snap his head towards Jungkook.

"Come again?" Jin said

"She wants to congratulate us by having a simple dinner party tonight," Jungkook repeated.

"Is this the surprise you're talking about earlier?" Jin said

"This is all my mom's plans. I got surprised as well." Jungkook said

"And you call this simple?" Jin asked when he notice the huge garden set up.

Their even went as far as setting up a makeshift podium in the middle of the garden. Several tables clad in golden cloths they're arranged around the podium. Some men were placing fairy lights all over the place and some were bringing large flower vases.

"Are you sure they're not trying to get us married tonight?" Jin asked Jungkook as he watched several househelps place the flowers in the large vases.

"Why? Do you want to? I can organize us one." Jungkook said

"Are you crazy? I mean, if this is your idea of simple, what is grand then to you?" Jin said

"Oh, come on, Jin..my babe. Just let my eomma be, okay. She's just so happy for the both of us." Jungkook said

And then Jungkook snaked his arms around Jin waist and hugged Jin from behind.

"But I don't think I'll be able to survive the party tonight." Jin said

"Huh? What do you mean?" Jungkook said

"Your best friend has been glaring at me ever since I set foot inside your house." Jin said

"Just don't mind her." Jungkook said

"Did anything happen to you in the past? I
mean, I don't wanna intrude or anything but you said something about her ruining your friendship." Jin said

Jin felt Jungkook stiffened on his back before letting out a deep breath.

"Just don't mind it. Just, just a bit of a misunderstanding. Anyway, let's take a rest. We still have 5 hours before the party," Jin grinned before dragging him back inside the house.

"You're crazy." Jin said

~~~
Jin wasn't first time inside Jungkook's room but considering their relationship this time, it certainly was a bit unnerving.

"Come here." Jungkook said

Jin swallowed the lump in his throat as Jungkook sat on the bed and tapped the space beside it, telling Jin to sit down too.

Jin awkwardly obliged as he could feel his nerves wracking at the simple thought of being in an enclosed space with Jungkook.

"Aaahh, I've been wanting to do this since earlier," Jungkook uttered as he grabbed Jin into a tight hug, so tight that Jin could feel his heartbeat against his own skin.