72

Jin had no idea how the lizard got inside his room but it was all he ever stared at as he stayed unmoving in his bed.

It has been two days since he last saw Jungkook and since he called in sick at work. And he just couldn't face him, not after what happened at the restaurant.

Jin has reason. But the fact that Jungkook kept him waiting just didn't sit right with him. And now, that Jungkook is back, he has the guts to order him to listen Jungkook again.

Jin rather rot in his room than listen to his lies. Jin rolled over to the other side of the bed and grabbed his phone.

10 missed call from Taehyung

But amongst the messages he received was a message that got Jin rolling his eyes.

Don't forget the wedding expo that we have to attend tomorrow.

Jin just ignored Jungkook message and rolled back to bed. The pendant hamster bearing his name felt cold against his skin as he reached out to remove it.

"I will forget you, now Jungkook "..Jin talked himself

And Jin could feel his insides shaking as he listened to his every word. A part of him wanted to believe him, but a greater part of him mind told me not to. Not after everything that happened.

Jin instinctively grasped the pendant of the necklace he decided to wear in morning on utter whim as a part of him was longing for the feeling of it hanging around his neck.

However, Jin didn't expect him to still see it though he carefully hide it underneath his shirt.

Flashback night at restaurants

"Jin, please just hear me out. I can explain. I will explain. Just give me the chance to do so." Jungkook said

The lump in his throat made it hard to speak, but he still managed to despite the undeniable crack in his voice.

"Save your explanation to yourself, Sir Jeon Jungkook. I don't need it." Jin said

Jin took a step forward, ready to leave him, but he swiftly caught his arm and Jungkook held it tightly.

"Please! Jin." Jungkook not finished his words , When Taehyung approach them

"Jin., I've been looking around for you. Oh, I thought you already left Sir Jeon ". Taehyung said

Jin felt Jungkook's grip loosening as Taehyung approached them and he'd never been this thankful for Taehyung appearance.

"I already got us taxi. Uh, shall we?" Taehyung said

And then turned around to face Jungkook and gave him the fakest smile he could ever muster.

"Thank you for the dinner, Sir, Jeon. Don't worry. I'll work on the report you just assigned me. We'll go ahead," Jin uttered before turning to Taehyung,

"Let's go...please." Jin said to Taehyung

Flashback end

~~~~

"You look awful." Jimin said

Jin grimaced as Jimin glanced at him with a disgusted look on his face.

After he got a call from him, he just came barging into his unit saying that he needed to prepare for his 'meet up' with Jungkook.

"We're just attending a wedding expo, Jimin. It's not like we're going on a date," Jin retaliated as he unloaded the contents of his bag