68

A/N I'm listening while writing this chapter and this for is TaeJin requested out there ☺︎

Jin closed his eyes and took a deep breath of fresh air as he felt the sand under his feet. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore soothed his mind after a long tiring day at work. It was such a hectic day for the team for them just finished organizing one of the biggest wedding they'd ever done so far. And as a way to thank them, the couple let them stay for the weekend at the beach resort where their wedding was held.

Jin looked down and started digging his toes in the sand. The beach was void of people but for some reason, the silence of the night was comforting.

"Hey, aren't you joining the guys?"

Jin looked at the newcomer with lazy eyes and grimaced at him. It was Taehyung or Tae call him, the team's photographer.

"I'm too tired and I don't wanna wake up with a headache tomorrow." Jin said

"You've always avoided after parties. I've never seen you gotten drunk in one ever since you joined the company two years ago." Taehyung said

Jin remained silent and sat on the sand instead.

One year after. Jungkook he didn't come back. Jin didn't even hear anything from him. All he ever left was that message and nothing else. Jin even went as far as going to his parents to ask about him but it was their helper who told him that their entire family went to the US.

"By the way, I've been meaning to ask you this. Why did you transfer to our company by the way? I mean, the company's not doing that great but you still applied considering how well-known your company was before." Taehyung asked

Silence ensued as Jin still didn't give an answer to Taehyung question.
When Jin didn't hear anything from Jungkook for several months, Jin decided to quit his work at the company and applied somewhere else as he couldn't even work properly without being reminded of him.

Jin could still see him sitting in the office table beside him or drinking coffee in the pantry. And when Jin go home, Jin could still hear his voice resounding on his unit. Jin was even reported to the police one time for trying to break in his previous unit, which was occupied by someone else already.

But what devastated him the most was the news of him being engaged to Cherry.

It was WoShin who broke the news to him and Jimin even had to stay with him for a week as he was afraid that Jin might hurt himself.

"You don't have to answer me. I respect your privacy. But if you want someone to talk to, I'm just here to listen to your heartaches." Taehyung said

"It has nothing to do with heartaches. I just wanted a change of environment." Jin said

"Okay, if you say so. By the way, are you free this Monday?" Taehyung said

"Yeah, it's a holiday, right?" Jin said

"Yeah, and it also happens to be my birthday. So I was thinking if...if you could go somewhere with me." Taehyung said

Jin raised his brow at Taehyung as he was being rather suspicious with the way his voice was wavering and how he was scratching the back of his head.

"And if I say no?" Jin said

"It's just fine. I just have to buy something and I sort of n--" Taehyung said

"Just Kidding! Tae I'll be there okay! Just message me the location. Come on. Let's head back. I'm already sleepy," Jin tapped his shoulder as he got up and started heading back to their rooms.