DESTRUCTION OF ASGARD

You and Loki sat side by side, waiting for Mobius to come out of Renslayers office.
"I think I should do the talking" you say, Loki instantly looking at you.
"Why?"
"You'd find a way to ruin it. Like you did back at the mission."
"I didn't ruin a thing. Darling, trust me, I'll do the talking"
"I know" you sigh.

Mobius walks through the door, gesturing for the two of you to follow. As you do, Loki starts instantly.
"You're probably wondering what happened out on the mission," Loki starts, running along to catch up with you and Mobius.

"That was your first lesson in catching a Loki. Expect the expected. You see, half the fun of being a trickster is knowing everyone knows your a trickster, and then, many of your tricks can come from exploiting the fact that you know that they know-"

"Just shut up! Please!" Mobius cuts him off. You look at Loki, mouthing the words 'told you' which made him scoff.
"What happened to the guy I met on the elevator? Who didn't like to talk? Remember him? Now I'm stuck with this guy who won't stop yacking away about what makes a Loki tick!"

"Isn't that precisely why we're here?" You ask Mobius, who sighs.
"No! I don't care what makes your boyfriend tick. You're here to help me catch the superior version of him. That's it!"
"I don't think boyfriends the right word to describe us. Maybe on the timeline you think we were meant to be but we aren't on that timeline. We aren't going to happen!" You yell back at him.

"And I think 'superior' isn't the right word either" Loki snaps.
"God, both of you! Y/N, you know deep down inside that theres something between you and this absolute dingus. Maybe you're trying so hard to push it away you don't even realise it! It's pathetic. Just let someone love you!"
"What you're describing is the timeline we were on. We aren't on the timeline anymore, therefore, we choose our own paths" you make your point.
"And I do not love her" Loki adds.

"You call her 'darling' every second you get Loki. And, also, this 'superior isn't the right word' stuff,  I believe, stupidly, that insecure need for validation would motivate you to find the killer. Not 'cause you care about the TVA mission or being a hero, but because you know this Variant is better than you and you can't take it."

Theres a brief silence, cut of by your light chuckle. "That was very nice" you smile sarcastically.
"It's adorable that you think you can possibly manipulate us. I, personally, am ten steps ahead of you. I've been playing a game of my own all along" Loki tells him as he fixed Mobius's tie.

"Give it a rest, Loki" you say.
"What? charm your way in front of the Time-Keepers, hustle them, and seize control of the TVA?" Mobius asks him, his face dropping. "Am I getting warm? A double cross by history's most reliable liar and his girlfriend."

"Stop that! I'm just trying to see the Time-Keepers" you inform him.
"And do what, exactly? If you're not interested in ruling?" Mobius asks you.
"Killing them. They sound like giant bafoons. Better that, they sound like pussys."
"Right, of course the Time-Keepers are scared to meet a Y/N variant and her boyfriend with zero powers to protect them."

"I don't need my powers. I'll slice their throats one by one if they don't allow me to go home and make my own choices."
"They're slightly bigger than you think"
"Okay, why are you in there sticking your neck out for us?" Loki asks him as Mobius calls the elevator.

"I'll give you two options and you can believe whichever one you want. A, because I see some scared little boy and girl shivering in the cold. And you kinda feel bad for that ice runt. Or B, I just wanna catch this guy and I'll tell you whatever I need to tell you both" he tells you as you all get into the elevator.

"I don't need your sympathy" Loki tells Mobius.
"Good, cause I'm running out of it."

The three of you reach your floor and the doors open.
"What is this, your next step of manipulation?" You ask Mobius.
"No, this is the final step. Your last chances"
"What does our desperate last chance require?" Loki asks.
"Work."
"Come again?!" You ask. You mentally pray he's lying.