Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight•••

Chapter Eight
•••

HYUNJIN | FELIX

Entering into an empty home after school wasn't anything new for me, but it was always a welcomed experience. The solace of being alone inside the monstrosity of a house was a blessing, and also something to cherish as I wouldn't have to hear constant yelling for hours on end. By the time my parents would arrive home, I'd be long gone to sleep.

The sun was beginning to set behind the clouds, marking the end of the longest first day I've had in a while. Stepping into the kitchen, my eyes darted to the refrigerator, eager to see what was available for me to eat. Opening the stainless steel door, I grabbed pre-made leftovers Mother prepared ahead of time, which consisted of fried rice, kimchi and sweet & sour pork ribs, and began to reheat the entree in the microwave. While watching my food slowly turn against the monotonous humming, my mind went back to thinking about Felix.

Why did he leave school early...?

If it was about what I did earlier to him in the hallway, I wouldn't be surprised if I got an intense questioning session from Chan-hyung later about it, and by intense, I mean a nonverbal brutal beating from his right-hand man Changbin. There was some sort of speculation of Chan and Felix being merely just a pair of friends from the same home country by coincidence, but no one expected them to be actual cousins.

The microwave beeped eventually, alerting me that my food was ready for consumption. Scoffing to myself in annoyance, I took my food and slammed the tiny door shut, placing the container on a tray and trotting upstairs to my bedroom. As soon as I made my way in, my phone vibrated in my pocket. Placing the tray on my bed, I fished my phone out of my jacket pocket and read the notification.

"Shit."

It was a message from the person I least wanted to hear from: Chan.

Taking a deep breath, I unlocked my phone and proceeded to read the message with hesitation.

"I don't know what you did to my cousin, but be grateful that he didn't tell me all the details. Expect to see us at your party on Saturday, including Changbin and Lisa....Get your shit together and start acting properly by then Hyunjin, or else..." - Chan-hyung

"Damn it!" I cursed, throwing my phone on the floor.

With that, I only had four days to get on Felix's good side, something that seemed to be impossible based on how I treated him today. However, if I could just put on an act for the time being and convince him to talk good to Chan-hyung, then all would be good.

I smirked to myself. "Easy."

Crawling into bed and beginning to indulge in my meal, my phone started ringing on the floor. Groaning loudly, I swiftly picked it up and looked at the incoming caller.