Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty•••

Chapter Forty
•••

HYUNJIN | FELIX

Waking up the next morning, my emotions were bittersweet as I realized how the day could turn out. Despite having the best day yesterday and overall nice weekend, today was something completely different: school. The main concern was the amount of attention we would get, and just the thought of it made me nauseous.

Chan knocked on my bedroom door before opening it with a smirk on his face while Jeongin peeked his head inside under his arm. "Who would've thought that my cousin would get a boyfriend in his first week of school?"

I rolled my eyes. "At least it's longer than what you did with Innie...wasn't it like four days or something?"

"He got you there..." Jeongin giggled softly, earning a playfully scowl in return from Chan. "It was three, actually. However, we were friends first. You and Hyunjin are completely different."

"Whatever...You have school in an hour, so get up kid." Chan ordered, pushing Jeongin out of the room. "No excuse to be late."

Groaning, I put the pillow back over my head, not wanting to get up and face reality.

•••

"So...are we going to walk inside school as if nothing happened?" Hongjoong asked curiously. This time he was sitting in the front passenger seat while the other three sat in the back.

Han sighed. "As much as I would love for things to be normal, that ship has sailed since Saturday night."

"I suggest walking in as normal. I don't have the energy for hearing the whole school whisper things." Yeosang muttered.

"I second that." I agreed.

Wooyoung laughed. "I'm still surprised how everything turned out! We basically all have boyfriends now!"

"Ahem," Yeosang cleared his throat, "Jongho and I aren't together yet."

"Potato, tomato."

"That's not how the saying goes!" Han and Hongjoong yelled.

I rolled my eyes as the four began to bicker as I pulled into the school parking lot. It was easy to notice Hyunjin already parked, as the other boys were standing by his car watching me drive into an empty spot. Parking and shutting the engine off, my nerves skyrocketed at the realization of the moment, us potentially having to walk inside with them and having all eyes on us.

Wooyoung paused his arguing to take notice of me, growing wide eyed. "Lixie, just breathe..."

"That's it, I'm gonna text them to let us walk inside alone!" Yeosang stated, pulling out his phone but I stopped him.

Shaking my head to stop him, I sighed. "I need to get used to this sooner or later...let's just get this over with."

"Are you sure? I think they would understand..." Han reassured me.