Chapter Thirty-Nine

Chapter Thirty-Nine•••

Chapter Thirty-Nine
•••

HYUNJIN | FELIX

After dropping Felix back home, my mother and I drove back to our house in a comfortable silence. However, she was the one to break it, as a smile formed on her face before speaking. "You really showed him your art in your room?"

I nodded. "If I'm being honest, I completely forgot that my art was in my room. I guess I was caught up in the moment...but I don't regret it."

"That's good. By the way... I'm divorcing your Father."

My head snapped toward her, who sighed in relief as she settled into the passenger. "Eomma..."

"It's fine, Jinnie. I think it's for the best. He didn't cheat on me or anything, but I realized that I'm not happy. We're divorcing on civil terms, so nothing to worry about."

We reached our driveway and with a slow stop, I parked and turned to her. "So...what happens now?"

She smiled, looking at me with confidence. "Well for one, I get to keep the house since it's in my name and it's paid off. Everything else will be settled evenly. That means you can pursue the career that you truly want to do, son..."

Finally...

Clearing my throat, I gave a slight nod before grabbing one of her hands gently. "Are you sure you're okay, though?"

"I never felt better. Now let's go inside. Just because you had a date, doesn't mean you can skip school tomorrow." She said teasingly while pointing a finger at me.

"Yes ma'am."

Stepping out and strolling inside the house, a sudden idea popped into my head. Quickly pulling out my phone, I sent a message to Yeji with the need of assistance to carry it out.

•••

Waking up the next morning felt different than the other days. As someone who used to dread going to school, I now had a new source of motivation to get up and tackle the day.

Felix...

"Aish...you sound crazy. Relax..." I mumbled to myself.

Hopping out of bed and breezing through my shower routine, I dressed myself in a simple black sweater and matching jeans before heading downstairs for breakfast. As I stepped into the kitchen, I noticed a covered plate of food with a yellow note on top.

"Work called, so I made this for you. Make sure you eat, love you- Eomma."

Smiling, I did as told and ate the food, making a mental note to come home and make dinner later for her in return. It didn't take me long to finish, mostly because I wanted to get to school as soon as possible.