Chapter One

Chapter One•••

Chapter One
•••

HYUNJIN | FELIX

My alarm clock was one thing I truly hated to hear first thing every morning: the sound of the first day of school. However, it was another day closer to graduation and another day closer to moving out of this hell hole I am forced to call home.

Smashing the button to silence the blaring sound, I sat up groggily in bed and fluffed out my hair before getting up to get ready. Looking at the time, it was half past six and school started at eight. It was my first last day of school, my senior year to be exact, and I was more than ready to get it over with. Over the last three years, I've managed to create a very strong reputation for myself, one I could consider to be bittersweet to say the least. However, I rather have people fear me than let anyone trample over me.

Quickly showering, I got dressed in my go-to attire: black sneakers, black distressed jeans, a black graphic shirt with my favorite black leather jacket. Looking at myself in the mirror, I noticed my black hair growing longer than I expected it to. So, I just tied hair into a ponytail and made sure to put on my silver rings, as well as my watch, to finally complete my look.

"Let's get this over with..."

Stepping slowly downstairs, my mother was already preparing breakfast while my father was reading the newspaper at the dining table.

My mother Eunmi was a secretary at one of the largest law firms in the country, while my father Hyun-woo worked as a surgeon in the capital. On the outside and to the public, we were the definition of a 'perfect family'. However, within these closed walls was a different story. Both of them were barely home, and whenever they were home, it was nothing but constant arguments throughout the night. If I had to choose between which one I was closest to, it would be my mother without any hesitation.

My mother was the one person who supported my dreams of becoming a famous dancer and artist, while my father believed that my dreams were unattainable and unrealistic. Therefore, my goal was to just start college in a major that would make him proud, then switch to my actual career choice.

Quickly bowing to father, I silently took my seat at the table and patiently waited for the food mother was making for us. "Good morning, dad."

"Good morning." He said, not bothering to lift his eyes from the newspaper. "Ready for your last year?"

I forced a smile and nodded. "Yes I am. Also ready to head to college."

Mother came into the dining room with a smile while placing the dishes on the table. "Good morning, Jinnie. Did you sleep well?"

"Yes, mom. Good morning." I smiled, looking at the dishes. "Do you need help?"

"Of course not. All you need to do is be sure to eat. It's your big day!"

"Speaking of college, did you figure out what you're going to pursue?" Father asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

Here we go again...

"I'm pursuing business with a minor in art, dad. Don't worry."

He nodded, focusing his attention back on the newspaper. Mother took her seat at the table, and after saying our grace, we began to eat in silence.

•••

"Ya! Hyunjin!"

Standing outside the school, I turned my head and smirked as I saw Minho walking up with Seonghwa, Jongho and San behind him. These four guys were my best friends since elementary school and now we practically are the group known as the popular kids.

Minho soon reached me and while we did our handshake first, I raised an eyebrow curiously. "What's up?"

"Nothing much. Just ready to get this year over with."

"Same here. I'm fucking tired of school." San mumbled, following through with our handshake next before Jongho and Seonghwa.

Seonghwa rolled his eyes. "You're always tired. I'm surprised you even made it to senior year."

Jongho and I bit back a laugh while San scowled at Seonghwa. "Shut up!"

"Alright, alright. Ready to go?"

The four of them nodded and with that, we entered the school doors. Our entrance caught the attention of bystanders who occupied the hallway, small murmurs going around as we continued our stride to our lockers.

"They are so cute."

"The one in the front is my type."

"Why do they look so scary?"

"They always get the girls..."

I smirked, turning my head to one girl who I caught staring. With a subtle wink, she turned and squealed in excitement to her friend who just stared wide-eyed in shock. However while walking, Jongho spoke up within the group first.

"Hey, I heard there's a new transfer student." He informed us.

Minho raised an eyebrow. "A new transfer? Are they in our grade?"

"I think so. From what I heard, his name is Felix and he's from Australia."

"Australia? Just like Chan-hyung?" Seonghwa asked curiously.

Jongho nodded. "Yeah, same as him. I wonder if they are from the same area..."

"Sad we can't ask Chan-hyung for confirmation since he graduated last year." San shrugged. "Oh well."

"I don't care about a new kid. For all I know, he's just like the nerds." I said, rolling my eyes.

The four of us reached our lockers, each of us unlocking and taking our books out for the first three classes. Suddenly, we heard gasps coming from the entrance.

"Oh my gosh, who is he?!" One girl squealed.

"He looks like a prince! He's so handsome!" Another screamed. "Look at his freckles...Oh my gosh, I'm going to faint."

"Now we have more competition? Just great..." A guy muttered.

On cue, the five of us turned our heads to commotion. My eyes grew wide as I noticed the man of attention. He had short, blonde hair with mentioned freckles, dressed in a white hoodie and light blue jeans with white sneakers. He also had three ear piercings, brown eyes and silver rings, with silver rimmed glasses.

I also saw him walking in with the group I considered nerds: Wooyoung, Hongjoong, Han and Yeosang.

"Well, shit. For his first day, he really got everyone's attention..." Jongho joked.

I scoffed. "Look at who he's with already, the group of nerds. I told you so, he's a nerd."

The five mentioned boys started to walk past us, all engrossed in their own conversation. However, the one who was the spotlight of the group made eye contact with me as he walked past, giving me a soft smile briefly before focusing his eyes back on Wooyoung's rambles. My breath hitched, but I quickly dissolved it and slammed my locker shut in frustration.

"Looks like we just have another person to play with." I smirked. "This is going to be fun..."

There's no way in hell I'm going to let this nerd gain popularity...

———————————————————————————

Remember to Vote and Comment,
Both are highly welcomed!