Chapter Thirty-Two

Chapter Thirty-Two•••

Chapter Thirty-Two
•••

HYUNJIN | FELIX

The fact that both my friends and Hyunjin's friends were sharing a meal together without any form of arguments occurring still seemed unbelievable. A simple party game change the dynamic of our two groups drastically, including the newfound bond between Hyunjin and I.

My eyes were fixated on San and Jongho still arguing over what now seemed to be the last pancake, a huge smile plastered on my face as the bickering seemed to be never-ending. Glancing around the large dining table, my eyes took in the other pairings: Seonghwa and Hongjoong in the own world exchanging hushed whispers with each other, Wooyoung and Yeosang trying to separate the arguing duo with no avail, and Minho and Han who were encouraging the two to keep the playful fight with cheers. Slowly I looked up to Hyunjin, who was laughing at the two as well. However, he turned his eyes to me with a soft smile, one I graciously returned back.

"You okay?" He asked quietly.

I nodded. "I am...I'm actually feeling good."

Intertwining his fingers with mine, he leaned next to me and whispered. "Let's leave them and go get ready for our date. I'll drop you home first and pick you up in an hour."

"Sounds good."

Discreetly backing away from the group unnoticed, we quietly made our way to his car. As I reached for the handle, he swatted my hand playfully before opening the door for me. Rolling my eyes, I entered the car and watched his move and enter his side. "You know my hands still work, right?"

Hyunjin smirked. "I know, and I don't care. You're never touching a door handle again if I am around. Got it?"

A blush crept up on my cheeks and nodded shyly. "Thanks..."

With that, he started up his engine and drove out of his driveway. Since he didn't know I shared apartment with Bang Chan, I subtly gave him directions toward the place. It didn't take long for him to catch on, as I heard a loud gasp come from him.

"You share an apartment with Chan-hyung?" He asked surprised.

I giggled. "I mean, yes. He is my cousin after all."

"I thought you'd be living in your own place..."

"I don't see the point of that. Besides," I shrugged, "I don't pay rent there and I'm only there temporarily. My family comes from Australia after this semester."

Hyunjin nodded, smirking. "That actually makes sense then. Now that I know, you have no choice but to see me."

"Of course, of course." I rolled my eyes playfully.