Chapter Eleven: WOOSAN SPECIAL Pt.1

Chapter Eleven

WOOSAN SPECIAL (Part 1)
•••

WOOYOUNG | SAN

The last class of the day was one I've grown to appreciate and take seriously, art. Art was something I realized I could potentially major in college, along with dance and English as my supplementary minor courses. It was my way of divulging my innermost thoughts and feelings with a picture, a newfound form of therapy that I've learned from my previous psychologist. Art was my coping mechanism for when I suffered from my eating disorder, and now has become one of my favorite pastimes. However, there were two people who were place on both sides of me, and one of them I found myself growing an unwanted liking to.

With my eyes focused on the canvas in front of me, I picked up a paintbrush and started adorning the blank fabric with lighthearted strokes of color. Minho was silently doing the same on my left, bopping his head to the music playing through his earbuds as he worked on his design. The bane of my existence on my right, otherwise known as San, wasn't even trying to pretend. His focus was mainly on me, a soft smile etched on his face as he observed my work.

"So, you're not only gorgeous, but you're talented too. I'm so lucky."

I bit my lip to fight back a smile. Heavily sighing, I put my paintbrush down on the easel and slightly turned to him with a raised eyebrow. "Can I help you with something?"

San smirked. "I just want to know what I need to do to take you out on a date."

"You? Why do you think I'd want to suffer such a pain?" I rolled my eyes. "You think you're fine with being seen with someone like me? We are in two different groups of people San."

I watched as he looked over my head to see Minho, who was still preoccupied with his artwork to notice. Suddenly, he grabbed my hand in his and placed a soft kiss on the back of it with a smile, lifting his eyes to stare deeply into my own. "Woo, I really like you and I don't care about my friend's opinions. I'd be honored if you'd allow me to take you out sometime."

A deep blush creeped to my cheeks as we shared a gaze. I tried to see if he was just joking, but there wasn't any signs of foul intentions.

He's serious...?

Pulling my hand away, I quickly turned back to my canvas, feeling my heartbeat pounding against my chest. I could tell he was patiently waiting for my answer, but I needed to compose myself and my thoughts before responding

A few minutes passed before I finally gave in. "Sure, San... just one date." I mumbled, picking up my paintbrush once again to refocused on my work.

Soon as I answered and place my brush back on the canvas to stroke, I heard a small whispered cheer coming from him behind me. All I could do was shake my head and laugh softly, as deep down I was just as happy as he was.

"Can it be this afternoon...?" San asked shyly. "I don't think I can wait...I'm too excited."

I nodded with a gentle smile. "I'll make up an excuse to let my friends leave without me... can we meet at the library?"

"Anything for you, love."

WOOYOUNG | SAN

WOOYOUNG | SAN

I can't believe he actually agreed to it... I have a date with Wooyoung...

I remember when my crush on Wooyoung first started.  At the beginning of our freshman year, we had all of our classes together. As soon as I laid my eyes on him, I knew I had fallen, and fallen hard.

He was extremely beautiful, with soft feminine features all over that only added to his ethereal appearance. From his bubbly personality, to his laugh that found to be the sweetest thing for me ever to hear, I knew there wasn't any other person I could consider even close to him. However, we were always separated into different types of friend groups, and slowly, a divide was drawn between us.

Over the past years, I've unfortunately grown to have a reputation of being unapproachable and somewhat of a player due to my friends. Each of us grew up since primary school and the title of being 'jerks' stuck to us. Of course, with that title, it meant we would have to live up to the name. We were under the pressure of following our hyungs Chan and Juyeon, who graduated last year and left the legacy to us to maintain.

Meanwhile, Wooyoung earned the reputation of being part of the nerds and the gays. He embraced his role of both without any fault, and it only made me admire him more for it. Another factor was the classes, as each year we shared less and less together. All of it was just detrimental to my pursuit of getting to know Woo, and I hated it. Therefore, despite my reputation, I made sure to treat him as nice as I could.

Now it was Senior year, and I was determined to work and win him over. All of my friends, except Hyunjin, have confided in each other to be nicer to that particular group, due to each of us having a crush on one of Wooyoung's friends.

We all think Hyunjin is in denial, but whatever...

Seonghwa had a crush on Hongjoong and Jongho had an intense attraction to Yeosang, while Minho had a secret relationship with Han that only the four of us knew about. That made my goal of winning Wooyoung even better, as I knew they would have my back and I would have theirs.

I had already discussed the plan of asking Woo out in Art class to Minho beforehand, receiving nothing but encouragement as a result from him. Hence why he had his earbuds in the whole time, giving me an open invitation to proceed with going forward. Now that Wooyoung agreed, all I had to do was let Minho know and he would cover me with an excuse to the group to allow a free escape.

A win-win situation...

Smiling to myself, I counted down the minutes until class would end, and my perfect date with Wooyoung would begin.

———————————————————————————

I will be doing special chapters like this randomly, but it will still be concurrent to the timeline of the story.

Remember to Vote and Comment,
Both are highly welcomed!