𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 5

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 5

I SIT INSIDE THE DIVINATION CLASSROOM. Hermione sits beside me and we watch Professor Trelawney speak. "Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight." She stands up and walks into a table.

She awkwardly moves around it. "Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future." She holds her hands to the sky and smiles. "This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

I take Hermione's cup and she takes mine. "The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds. First, you must look beyond." She puts her hands around Seamus' head and Hermione whispers into my ear. "What a load of rubbish." She scoffs and moves back into her seat.

"You boy. Is your grandmother quite well?" She moves towards Neville, her hands out, pointing at him. "I think so." He stutters. "I wouldn't be so sure if that. Give me the cup." The boy opposite him gives her the cup. She looks at it and pulls a face before putting it down. "Pity." She says and walks away.

"Broaden your minds." She hums before looking at Ron. "Oh, mhmm, your aura is pulsing dear. Are you in the beyond?" Ron looks at her, startled, and grips the china teacup in his hands tightly. "I think you are." Professed Trelawney adds. "Sure," Ron stutters.

"Look at the cup, tell me what you see." Ron turns towards a large book on the table. "Yeah, um. Well... Harry's got a sort of wonkey cross. That's trials and suffering.  And that there could be the sun and that's happiness. So, you're gonna suffer, but you're gonna be happy about it." Professor Trelawney reaches for Ron's cup.

She gasps and staggers backwards. "Oh, my dear boy. My dear... you have the Grim." She stutters. I frown slightly and look at Hermione, she looks down at my cup, with her eyebrows furrowed. "The Grin? What's the Grin?" Seamus asks her. "Not the Grin, you idiot, the Grim." Bem scolds Seamus.

"The Grim, 'taking the form of a giant spectral dog. It's among the darkest omens in our world. It's an omen... of death.'" Bem finishes. Hermione raises her hand. "Professor, could you have a look at Jupiter's cup, I can't seem to make it out." Professed Trelawney sighs and shakes her hands about before walking over to us.

"The skull." She whispers and clears her throat. She puts the cup down and rushes away. She goes to her desk and leans onto it, before fainting onto the floor from shock.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

"You don't think that Grim thing's got anything to do with Sirius Black? Do you?" Ron asks us and we walk down the long stairs towards Hagrid's cottage. "Honestly, Ron. If you ask me, Divination's a woolly disciple." Hermione says. "Now, Ancient Runes, that's a fascinating subject." I nod my head and hum in agreement.