𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 12

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 12

I SPIN THE SILVER RING ON MY FINGER OUT OF HABIT. I'm zoned out and Harry walks over to me. I glance at him and smile slightly. "I was wondering if you'd like to go with me to see Professor Lupin, to help me cast a Patronus?" Harry asks me and I nod, moving from my chair in the Gryffindor Common Room.

"Sure, are we going now?" He nods and we walk out of the room. "How can you cast a Patronus?" He asks me and we walk down the changing stairs. "I was taught at a young age." I say and he nods. "How do you cast one?" We walk through the school and head towards the Defence Against The Dark Arts classroom.

"I think Professor Lupin will be better to explain it." He chuckles slightly and knocks on the door of his classroom. Lupin opens it and smiles at us. "Harry, Jupiter. There you are. You came." He says and lets us inside, leading us through.

"Are you sure about this, Harry? This is very advanced magic well beyond the Ordinary Wizarding Level." Lupin tells him. "I'm sure." Harry says. "Well, everything is peppered. The spell I'm going to teach you is called a Patronus Charm. Did you ever hear of it?" Lupin asks and Harry shakes his head.

"No? Well. A Patronus is a positive force. For the wizard who can conjure one, it works like a shield, with the dementor feeding on it rather than him. But in order for it to work, you need to think of a memory. Not just any memory, a very happy memory, a very powerful memory."

"Can you do this?" He asks Harry. "Yes." Harry nods. "Very well, close your eyes. Concentrate." Lupin says and Harry closes his eyes. "Explore your past. Do you have a memory?" Harry nods and Lupin walks around him. "Allow it to fill you up. Lose yourself within it. Then speak the incantation. Expecto Patronum." Harry recites the words.

"Very good." Lupin says before going over to the box. "Jupiter, would you mind demonstrating?" He asks me before giving me a look and muttering under his breath. Harry opens his eyes. "It's a boggart." I grow my ears and listen before nodding slightly.

I grab my wand and hold it out. He opens the box and I force myself to be afraid of dementors. A large cloaked figure emerges from the box and I cast the spell. "Expecto Patronum." I say and light from my wand forces the boggart/dementor back into the box.

"Very good. Harry, you try. Wand at the ready." I move out of the way and Harry holds his wand out. Lupin looks at him, holding the box lid down before opening it. The dementor rises and Harry casts the spell but it doesn't work. The candles flickers out and Harry's words slur.

I sigh and go behind him to catch his fall, he faints into my arms. Lupin deals with the boggart and I hold Harry. "What do I do now?" I ask Lupin and Harry stays passed out in my arms. "Leave him be. Jupiter, if you don't mind me asking, how do you know the Patronus Charm?" Professor asks me.

"My mother taught me. She taught me a lot of complicated spells at a young age." He hums. "How is Theodora, I haven't seen her since school?" He asks me and I sigh. "She's dead." His eyes widen and he gasps in shock. "I'm so sorry, when did it happen?"

"Before school started. How did you know her?" I ask him and look down at the passed out boy in my arms. "I was best friends with your father, and met your mother during potions, she was the smartest witch I had ever met. And she was kind, and nothing like her family, and her Hogwarts house."

"She helped me brew potions, and would always scold your father when he and Harry's dad pranked everyone." I smile slightly. "She was an extraordinary witch, something she has passed on to you." Harry moves in my arms and wakes up. "Well hello sleeping beauty." I grin and he moves from my arms.

"I didn't expect you to do it the first time. That would have been remarkable. Here, eat this. You'll feel better." Lupin hands Harry a piece of chocolate. "That's one nasty dementor." He says and bites into the chocolate. "Oh, no. That was a boggart Harry. The real thing would be much worse. Much, much worse. As a matter of interest, what were you thinking? Which memory did you choose?" I help Lupin relight the candles.

"The first time I rode a broom." I look at Harry, with a frown. "That's not nearly strong enough." I tell him and Lupin agrees with me. Harry walks over to one of the flames. "There's another. It's not happy, exactly." He brushes his fingers around the flames. "Well, it is. It's the happiest I've ever felt. But it's complicated." Harry tells us.

"Is it strong?" Lupin asks him and Harry turns to us, nodding. "Then let's give it a try. You feel ready?" Harry walks back over to be opposite the box. Wand in hand. "Just do it." Lupin opens the box and a dementor flies out. Harry says the spell, still nothing happens. He repeats it again and this time a beam of white light escapes from his wand and he shoves the dementor back into the box.

I clap my hands and Harry staggers back, panting. "Well done, Harry. Well done!" Lupin says and I smile at Harry. "I think I've had enough for today." He says. "Yes, sit down. Here. Eat this, it helps. It really helps." Harry sits down on the steps and I do the same, Lupin sitting in between us. "Just so you know Harry, I think you would've given your father a run for his money. And that is saying something."

Harry smiles. "I was thinking of him. And mum. Seeing their faces. They were talking to me. Just talking. That's the memory I chose. I don't even know if it's real. But it's the best I have." Harry says and Lupin turns to me. "Jupiter, can you cast a full body Patronus?" Lupin asks me and I nod my head, holding my wand out.

"Expecto Patronum." I say and watch as a stag leaps around the room before going through a window a disappearing.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

1087 Words

A/N- Double update today! Next chapter is coming in a few minutes!

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare

EDITED | 20 | 5 | 24 |