𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 8

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 8

PROFESSOR SNAPE BARGES INTO THE CLASSROOM. His cloak flows behind him as he flamboyantly strides across the room, shutting the blinds with his wand. He marches up to the front of the classroom. Pulling on a rope and the screen falls down. He looks at us. "Turn to page three hundred and ninety four." He says and I open my book.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry leans over beside me, to ask him. Snape looks him up and down. "That's not really your concern is it, Potter?" Snape asks. "Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time. Turn to page three hundred and ninety four." He taps his wand on the projector and it turns on.

I read the title of the page. Werewolves? But why. Professor Lupin's face appears in my mind. The scars. The fear of the moon. And why he isn't here today. It's a full moon, and he is a werewolf. "But, sir. We've just been learning about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks." Hermione says, suddenly seated besides Ron.

She left the last class late and her time turner didn't bring her to the start of the lesson. Of course I've known about her time turner, as she's learned about mine. We have every lesson together.

"Quiet." Snape says, dragging on the word. "When did she come in? Did you see her come in?" Ron leans over to ask Harry and I. "She was always there Ron." I tell him. "Now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf?" My stomach drops in my stomach. Even the mention of what I am makes me sick to my stomach.

I raise my hand and he walks to the front of the class. "No one? How disappointing." Snape announces to us. "Please, sir." Hermione says and I drop my hand. "An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice." I didn't have a choice.

"With each full moon when he transforms he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind." Malfoy howls out loud and his minions laugh.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That's the second time you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" She lowers her head. "Five points from Gryffindor."

A paper creatures flies over to us and lands opposite Harry he catches it. "As an antidote to your ignorance and on my desk, by Monday morning, two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with particular emphasis on recognising it."

"Sir. It's Quidditch tomorrow." Harry tells Snape. He crawls over and leans on our desk. "Then I suggest you take extra care Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page three hundred and ninety four." Snape walks away and Harry opens the paper creature. Inside is a drawing of him getting electrocuted at quidditch.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

The Quidditch pitch is blinded by rain. The wind howls and thunder crackles loudly. My body is soaked and I pull my red hood further onto my head. We all chant Harry's name and I see the Snitch fly into the sky, Harry trailing after it.

I twist my mother's silver ring around my finger in worry and see a black cloaked figure flying through the sky. "Dementors." I call out and Hermione glances at me. "Harry." She whispers out and we see a figure falling from the sky. I cover my mouth and Harry falls down quickly.

Hermione grips both my hand and Ron's and Dumbledore casts a spell to stop Harry's fall. "Come on." I say and we all rush through the stand of Griffindor's.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

Harry slowly opens his eyes. "Harry?" I whisper out and everyone crowds around him. "Harry." I say louder and he blinks his eyes awake. "How are you feeling?" I sit myself on the edge of his bed, handing him his glasses. "Oh, brilliant." He says and George, Ron's older brother moves to sit on the other side of his bed.

"You gave us a right good scare there mate." He tells him. "What happened?" Harry asks him. "Well, you fell off your broom." Ron tells him. "Really? I meant the match. Who won?" Harry asks us all and I lock eyes with George. We both look around awkwardly. "Jupiter, what happened?" Harry asks me and I sigh.

"The Dementors weren't even meant to be on school grounds. Dumbledore's furious. As soon as he saved you he sent them off." Hermione says, and places her hand on the back of my shoulder. "There's also something else you should know. When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow, and..." Ron uncovers the broken broom and I move away from the bed.

Harry looks at the broom and I look between everyone. "How about we give Harry a moment, and come back later?" I suggest and they all nod. We all go to leave and Harry grabs my wrist. "Jupiter, wait." He says and I turn around to face him.

"Yes?" I ask and he seems to have forgotten his words. "Do you want to go for a walk? To take your mind off this?" I suggest and he nods, smiling slightly.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

925 Words

A/N- I'm going to update more frequently, just have been really busy.

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare

EDITED | 20 | 5 | 24 |