𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 23

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 23

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 23

MY BACK PRESSES INTO GRASS AND I STARE UP AT THE SKY WITH TEARS LEAKING FROM THE CORNER'S OF MY EYES. I hear chants surrounding me but can't move my body. My brain is pounding beneath my skull and the bones in my body have shattered.

Harry sobs beside me, I can hear him. But I can't move. My head falls to the side lazily, I can't move it. I hear a scream. My body is growing limp. My mind is darkening. The claps stop and the music slows. A pair of arms grab my body. My body flops lazily as I'm turned to the side. "What happened to her?" I hear Fudge ask a sobbing Harry.

"She got tortured!" He sobs out and clings onto Cedric's dead body. My body is gently turned onto the side and I lock eyes with Harry through my blurry vision. Harry reaches a hand out and interlocks it with my broken one.

Harry sobs and gently moves my body closer to him. My broken bones ache but I physically can't scream. I can't move. Harry moves my limp body onto his lap. He strokes a shaking hand through my hair as he sobs. "You're okay, I've got you." He sobs out and my eyes look up and lock with his.

My body is slowly slid off Harry's lap and he's pulled to stand by Professor Moody. My heart drops in my stomach. My eyes watch as Harry gets dragged away and Madam Pomfrey comes rushing over to me. Harry, come back! Panic rises in me. I'm trying to stand. I'm trying to move my broken body.

I dig the palms of my hands into the floor and try and push myself up. It doesn't work and my back hurts onto the ground harshly but I flip onto my stomach with an accidental roll. I dig my shaking hands into the floor and let out a groan at the agonising pain I feel.

"Please stop. Miss Black, you've broken most bones in your body." Madam Pomfrey tells me and I use wandless magic to heal my broken bones- only my broken bones. I push myself to stand and hurriedly rush away. I pass Snape who shoots me a confused look. "Sir, Moody is Barty Crouch Jr, he has your Polyjuice Potion." I tell him and he nods. I take my wand from my pocket and hold it in my hand.

"Do what you must." Snape orders me and I rush away, limping.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I burst open the door of Moody's Office with my wand pointed at him. I cast a spell and ropes wrap around his body. The teachers rush in behind me and I quickly move over to Harry and stand defensively in front of him. Harry latches onto my hand and holds it tightly.

I watch as Dumbledore interrogates Barty Crouch Jr and I take Harry's hand and pull him with me to move from a large box with shakes as someone inside screams. Snape walks forward with his wand pointed, along with Dumbledore who asks if his friend held captive is alright.

"I thought you were dying." Harry whispers out and holds my hand tightly. I keep my wand out but squeeze his hand. "I was. But seeing Moody drag you away was enough for me to stay alive." His hand won't stop shaking. "You were right." He says just as quiet. "I should've believed you." Harry looks down and I gently tug his hand. "It's alright, don't worry about that." I stare at Moody who transforms back into Barty Crouch Jr.

"It appears you was right, Miss Black." Snape calls out and I point a wand out at Barty. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours." He says to Snape and slides up the sleeve of his coat. He reveals his Dark Mark. Dumbledore pulls Harry and I forwards and I pull up the long sleeve top I wear.

The deep wound inflicted by Pettigrew shines brightly with my red blood. Dumbledore takes mine and Harry's arm and moves it towards Barty's. "You know what this means, don't you?" Crouch Jr asks Dumbledore with a smirk. "He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned." His tongue licks the corner of his lip.

"I'm sorry, sir. I couldn't help it." Harry apologises and Dumbledore stares blankly at Barty. "Send an owl to Azkaban. I think they'll find they're missing a prisoner." Dumbledore pushes Harry and I behind him. "I'll be welcomed back like a hero." The man tied in ropes caused by me says. "Perhaps." Dumbledore says and leads Harry and I towards the door.

"Personally, I've met had much time for heroes." Dumbledore closes the door behind us before turning to me. "Do you know what this means for you?" The older man asks me and I shove my wand back into my pocket and Harry takes my hand. I shake my head.

"Voldemort will come for you. What exactly happened?" We walk from the room and into Dumbledore's office. "The Cup was a Portkey and we were teleported to the graveyard from our dream. Wormtail was there with Voldemort in his arms. Voldemort ordered Wormtail to kill Cedric."

"Wormtail tossed Voldemort into a large Cauldron and began to revive him. He used the bones of his father, the Flesh of a loyal servant, and the blood from Harry and I to revive him."

"The Death Eaters were called upon and Voldemort forced Harry to duel him, but I joined in and it caused me to get thrown back and tortured with the Cruciatus Curse by-..." I can't find the words. I look down and take in a breath. "By who, Jupiter." I suck in a deep breath and look up. "Theodora, sir. My mother... she's still alive, and she almost killed me. Again." Harry takes in a breath and looks at me with wide eyes.

"Harry managed to stop Voldemort and was able to get Cedric and I back to the Portkey, and then we got back."

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

"Do you think we'll ever just have a quiet year at Hogwarts?" Ron asks us as we hang around in the Cortyard. "No." Hermione, Harry, and I say in unison. "Nah, I didn't think so. Oh, well. What's life without a few dragons?" Ron asks with a slight chuckle.

"Everything's going to change now, isn't it?" Hermione asks and I nod. "Yes," Harry says to her and she nods. Harry takes my hand and interlocks his fingers with mine. "Promise you'll write this summer, the three of you." Ron scoffs with a chuckle. "I won't. You know I won't." Hermione scoffs and turns to Harry. "Harry will, won't you?" Harry nods. "Yeah, every week." Harry doesn't mean his words and looks at Ron. The two of them laugh.

Hermione sighs and looks at me. "Of course I'll write Hermione." She nods with a smile. "At least Jupiter will." We walk through the courtyard and watch as the horse and carriage flies away and the ship sinks back into the water. Harry holds my hand and I smile slightly.

In this moment I'm happy, truly happy. Only I know this happiness won't last because my mother is alive.

END OF UP TO NO GOOD ACT 2
˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

1223 Words

A/N- I'm going to spend tonight editing this entire fic, good luck to me 😭

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare

EDITED | 22 | 7 | 24 |