𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 11

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

WE WALK THROUGH HOGSMEADE AND RON SULKS ABOUT HIS BROTHERS. "Those Weasels! Never told me about any Marauder's Map." He says. "Harry won't keep it. He'll turn it over to Professor McGonagall. Won't you?"

"Sure. Along with his Invisibility Cloak." Ron says. "Oh look who it is. Madam Rosmerta. Ron fancies her." Hermione teases and I nudge Ron. "That's not true!" He says and the Minister for Magic gets off his sled.

"Rosemerta, my dear! I hope business is good." He says and wipes his feet in the snow. "It's be a lot better is the Ministry wasn't sending dementors into my pub everyone other night." She walks over to him, hammer close to his face. "She isn't going to kill him, is she?" I whisper to Harry and he chuckles.

"We have... we have a killer on the loose." Fudge tells her and she goes back to hammering up a sign. "Sirius Black in Hogsmeade! And what would bring him here?" Fudge walks up and whispers into her ears. I enlarge mine and listen in.

"Harry Potter and Jupiter Black." He whispers and she turns around. "Harry Potter and Jupiter Black?!" She yells and gets shushed by Professor McGonagall and Fudge. They walk into the building and Harry takes my hand, pulling the invisibility cloak over us.

He keeps hold of my hand and we walk inside the building. We follow them up the stairs and the door opens. "Now, tell me what this is all about." Madam Rosemerta says. "Years ago, when Harry Potter's parents realised they were marked for death. Remember? They hid. Few knew where they were."

"Two who did was Theodora Hartshorn and Sirius Black. And he told You-Know-Who. Jupiter Black was getting babysat by the Potter's at the time, her mother had been called in for work and her father- well. Merlin knows what he was doing."

Fudge speaks up. "Not only did Black lead You-Know-Who to the Potter's that night. He also killed one of his best friends, Peter Pettigrew!" Fudge tells her. "Peter Pettigrew?" Rosemerta asks. "Little lump of a boy, always trialing after Sirius Black."

Rosemerta clicks her tongue. "Ah, I remember him. Never let James and Sirius out of his sight." She says and Harry and I back away as Fudge walks closer to us. "What happened?" Madam Rosemerta asks.

"He tried to warn the Potter's, and might have managed to, had he not run into an old friend, Sirius Black." Fudge pours himself a drink. "Black was vicious. He didn't kill Pettigrew. He destroyed him!" Fudge lifts his pinky finger. "A finger. That's all that was left. A finger. Nothing else."

"Yes. Sirius Black may not have put his hands to the Potter's, but he's the reason they're dead." Professor McGonagall says. "He wants to finish what he started." Fudge tells them. "I don't believe it." Madam Rosemerta says in shock.

"That's not the worst of it." Fudge hands Professor a drink. "What could be worse?" Rosemerta asks. "Sirius Black was the reason Jupiter had been locked up in her house her entire life. Tortured by her mother." I stiffen and feel Harry look at me.