𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 21

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 21

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 21

CHRISTMAS BREAK IS OVER AND IM BACK AT HOGWARTS. Hermione and Ron were understanding as to why I locked myself away, and we all talked about it on the train ride here. Even though I managed to admit and open up about my feelings, I still feel like they don't understand me. Because they don't, and I'm not sure if they ever will.

The group and I are rushing towards Hagrid's hut from the news of his return. The sound of Umbridge's voice causes us to freeze and hide by the side of the hut. In a few moments, the woman dressed in pink exits the hut, sniffing the air with a disgusted look on her face before walking away.

The four of us quickly rush into the hut.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I hold a warm mug of hot chocolate in my hands. It warms up my cool skin. "This is top secret, right?" Hagrid says and leans towards the four of us who sit around a circle table. I lift the mug and drink the liquid.

"Dumbledore sent me to parlay with the giants." I inhale the liquid quickly, swallowing it which burns my tongue and look at him with wide eyes.

"Giants?" I whisper out to the man. "You found them?" I ask him. "Well, they're not that hard to find, to be perfectly honest. They're so big, see." He points out and I place the mug down on the table. "I tried to convince them to join the cause. But I wasn't the only one that was trying to win them over." I look down at my hands.

"Death Eaters?" Ron asks the half giant who nods. "Yes." Hagrid says quietly. "Trying to persuade them to join You-Know-Who." I twist my new rings. "And... did they?" Harry asks. "I gave them Dumbledore's message. Suppose some of them remember he was friendly to them, I suppose." He sighs out and dabs his eye with a cold piece of meat.

"And they did this to you?" Harry asks him and Fang barks towards the meat in Hagrid's hand. "Not exactly, no." Hagrid says and throws the raw meet to his dog. Thunder rumbles outside and the wind rustles. I look at the window from my seat before pushing myself to stand and walking towards it.

I look out of the glass, at the storm that forms in the sky. "It's changing out there." Hagrid calls out and moves to stand beside me. Soon everyone else does. "Just like last time." He adds and thunder rumbles in the sky.

"There's a storm coming, Harry, Jupiter. We'd all best be ready when she does."

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I read the Daily Prophet with my hair a bright red with anger. I walk along with the group, my skin flickering to a red. I'm enraged. My nails grow into claws and rip the newspaper to shreds and I throw it onto a table. "Jupiter, Harry!" Seamus calls out and I turn to look at him with dull eyes.

He swallows harshly. "I, uh, I wanted to apologise. Now even me mam says The Prophet's version of things don't add up. So, what I'm really trying to say is that I believe you." I nod at the boy and my skin and hair slowly return to their natural colours.

"I should apologise too." I start and his eyes widen. "I shouldn't have made you experience what I did. That was wrong of me, and I hope you can forgive me." Seamus nods his head, flashing me a small smile.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I gently swish my wand and my stag patronus leaps from it. It runs around me and rushes over to Harry before jumping around him and vanishing. I smile slightly and lock eyes with Harry. He flashes me a cheeky grin and I move over to Luna, correcting her stance and helping her.

Blue light escapes her wand and a Hare dances around us. "Great job, Luna." I applaud and frown as I feel vibrations shake through the room. I take a step away from the blonde, looking around me as the room rumbles.

The chandelier's shake and the mirrors break. I move over to them and hold my wand out. Harry quickly stands beside me and takes my hand, for comfort and protection. There's a small gap in the wall behind the mirrors, and standing there is Umbridge in all of her pink glory.

"Bombarda Maxima." She says sweetly and in an instant, Harry tugs me backwards and uses his body as a shield over mine. My heart quickens and a blue shield erupts from my body and encases all of us in a protective bubble. Harry and I land to the ground harshly before scrambling to stand and interlocking our fingers.

Umbridge pants out and stares at us. "Get them." She orders to her group of Slytherin's and they all push their way into the room of requirement, grabbing onto each of us.

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

842 Words

A/N- loving this fic atm.

Make sure you eat and drink today!

-Nightmare