𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 11

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 11

I CAN'T BREATHE. My palms are holding onto the railing of the astronomy tower and I feel its cold sting beneath my skin. I've stopped crying now, but my cheeks are still tear stained. The wind blows against my warm skin and cools it.

My throat is burning and I swallow harshly to try and soothe it. The cold wind meets my open flesh and makes it sting. I shudder slightly at the feeling. My eyes are staring up at the stars which fill the sky. I feel numb. I'm trapped inside of my own body, but I'm not thinking.

I'm just here, staring up at the sky. I'm not panicking for tomorrow, I'm just stargazing. I can see and hear right now, but I'm not coherent. It's dreadful. This feeling is dreadful. My hair blows out behind me and I can hear someone walking towards me.

"Don't jump." Malfoy breathes out and I glance at him with glossed over eyes. I didn't even think of that. "I'm not going too." I stare back up at the sky and my fingers are tingling from the cold. I'm aching internally. My bloodied arm remains revealed and Malfoy's eyes look down at it.

"What did you do?" He whispers out and looks back at me. I don't meet his gaze and I remain quiet. "I've killed people." I mumble out the words and his eyes widen. "Seven Muggles. They were unarmed, and terrified of me." Tears slowly leak from my eyes.

"The guilt began to eat away at me. I couldn't take it, and so I... I hurt myself." I'm numb and my eyes are tired. I morph my top into a cardigan which covers the wound. "Don't kill anyone, Draco. It will eat you alive." I turn my gaze to look up at him.

My eyes are dull, their spark gone.

"I'll kill Dumbledore myself, you shouldn't go through this." I whisper out before turning back to looking at the sky. "Harry saw me. He saw me cutting the mark with my nails." Draco's eyes widen at my words and I swallow. "I'll handle it, don't worry. I'll make sure you remain unknown." I'm dreading tomorrow now.

Malfoy stares at me and my gaze remains on the sky. "Why are you here, Draco? Were you going to jump?" He's silent and I swallow harshly. "I don't know." He mumbles out and I glance at him. "I just... I can't handle this." He whispers and I look at him. "It's okay, I will. I'll handle it." I'm tingling from the cold and I move away from the balcony.

"We should get some rest. I'm not excited for tomorrow."

˓𓄹 ࣪˖ ⋆ ࣪. ˖ ࣪⭑

I make my way back to my dorm, through party has ended. Dread is looming inside of me and I knock on my dorm door. I'm assuming Harry has told Hermione. I go to open the door, but it's locked. I frown and knock on the door again.