36

"The Red Dust Rolls (Lian Lian Red Dust)" Chapter 36

Song Xing Chen woke up to the sound of regular ticking, and the whiteness in her eyes seemed to be endless, spreading all the way to the window with a faint light.

There was some pain all over her body, as well as indescribable numbness and weakness.

She blinked, letting her eyes adjust to the light after so long darkness.

Su Qing Che was leaning on the head of another hospital bed, holding a book in his hand and looking at it quietly with lowered eyes.

As he was turning the page, he glanced sideways at the hospital bed next door.

The person who had been sleeping had finally woken up.

He glanced at the cell phone placed beside the bed. It was six o'clock in the morning.

"Are you awake?" He said softly.

Song Xing Chen was stunned for a moment, and suddenly came back to her senses from the hazy state of being half asleep and half awake. She pulled the quilt and turned to look at the place where the sound came from. "What happened?"

Su Qing Che raised his eyebrows, folded a corner to mark it, and put the book back on the bedside table. "The status of the treatment."

Song Xing Chen stared at his face for a while, and then intermittently echoed the previous situation.

After she was fished out that night, she was a little confused, but she still held Su Qing Che's hand tightly and never let go.

The point is, why doesn't she let go?

She patted her head, feeling a little unsure about her memory of that night.

"How come it's like losing half of your IQ after a long sleep..."

Su Qing Che curled his lips, "It's not that it's half lost, it's a direct negative growth."

Song Xing Chen: "..."

At this moment, there was someone at the door of the ward. Knocked on the door, knocked twice, then opened the door and walked in.

Song Xing Chen followed the sound and saw that the nurse was strolling over with her hands on her waist. Seeing that she was awake, she curved her lips and said with a smile, "You're awake."

Song Xing Chen now felt like there was a lot of paste in her head. The same thing, but the moment she saw this nurse, some memories came back to her as if someone had patiently sorted them out.

She was vague about what happened at Pier 7. She only knew that she was soaked and cold as if she had been stuffed into an ice hole. When she was fished ashore, she was still holding Su Qing Che tightly, lying on top of him.

It seemed that it was this nurse who squatted next to her, patted her face, and asked softly: "Are you okay?"

Song Xing Chen felt like her head was going to explode at that time, and her legs were throbbing with pain. It was twitching, but she still nodded politely, and her voice was a little hoarse when she spoke. "I'm fine."

Then the nurse took a big blanket and wrapped her tightly in a humane manner, and she whispered thank you.

But until now, her hand has not let go.

The nurse became anxious and kept talking in her ear, but her sweet voice gradually became blurry.

When she regained some consciousness, she saw the thoughtful looks from the people around her.