96

Mr. Su is a person who enjoys life.

In recent years, when Su Qing Yin is not around, he often goes out to drink tea and play chess with his old comrades, or go to a park to stroll around and enjoy the flowers.

Sometimes he can go out for a walk for a whole day, and when he comes back his face is glowing.

Recently, he learned some gardening from Mr. Qin and got a pot of rare orchids from him to plant.

When Song Xing Chen arrived at the compound, Mr. Su was watering the pot of orchids. Next to it was a lark, which the old man had kept to relieve his boredom after his granddaughter went to the United States.

Song Xing Chen couldn't bear it when she thought about it.

She is pregnant now, but sometimes when Su Qing Che is not around, she will remember that her home is too quiet and lonely. What's more, Mr. Su, who has spent his life in the military, has no children around to accompany him when he is enjoying his old age, and there is no one to talk to.

Summer clothes are very thin, so naturally she doesn't have many things.

A bag of clothes and a computer are all her belongings.

Sister-in-law Wang steamed two eggs for her.

When she saw her coming, she picked them up, peeled off the shells, and laid them tenderly in a white porcelain bowl.

Mr. Su was watering the orchid, which he regarded as a treasure, and looked at it for a while before returning to the living room.

After Song Xing Chen finished eating the eggs, she went over to chat with him for a while.

Mr. Su has an easy-going personality and is easy to get along with.

When Su Qing Yin was here, she had heard about Mr. Su's majestic deeds before, but there was nothing similar to the kind old man in front of her.

Mrs. Wang has been helping cook here for many years, and the Su family has long regarded her as one of their own.

Once the things in the kitchen are taken care of, she will come over and sit for a while.

Mr. Su was still ordering the dishes for lunch with great interest.

He received a call and said that an old comrade invited him to have dinner with him.

He told him not to prepare his share at noon and then went out.

Apart from the security forces, the only other person at home was Mrs. Wang, who went into the kitchen to make food when the time was almost up.

Because Su Qing Che was in the army and she had to teach at school, Mrs. Wang had cooked a lot of food for Song Xing Chen during this period and knew her taste.

Seeing her sitting in the hall, she cut a plate of fruit and took it out, letting her go to the small courtyard to bask in the sun.

She was gathering the ingredients while talking to her.

Most of the time the topic was either the unborn little one or Su Qing Che.

Song Xing Chen rarely stayed in the compound for a long time, and it seemed that the longest she stayed was only five days, when she was with Su Qing Che.

The lark in the birdcage was looking at her curiously, tilting its head, jumping up and down, and occasionally chirping.

Mrs. Wang went to cook.

She was a little bored by herself, so she went upstairs.

Someone has been cleaning Su Qing Che's room. It is clean and smells of fresh sunshine.