#36 Breathe

* Trigger Warning: Mentions Suicide *

Mingyu wakes up as he hears the front door open.

Shit. I hope it's not Cheol again.

He looks down at Seungkwan who is wrapped around his waist, and his heart aches seeing him frown, even in his sleep. He hears rustling in the living room and another door open as he sighs out of relief.

It must be Vernon.

He pets Seungkwan's head and slowly untangles himself from his legs and arms.

He's not even slightly waking up? He must really be exhausted. He cried for hours, I don't even know when he fell asleep.

He lifts Seungkwan's head onto a pillow and covers him before kissing him and walking out of the bedroom slowly.

I should cook his favorite breakfast, that might make him feel better when he wakes up.

He heads to the kitchen as Vernon walks out of his bedroom.

"Good Morning, Mingyu." He smiles and sits at the kitchen bar while sipping on some coffee.

"Morning, Vernon." Mingyu turns to him and Vernon can sense something is off because he isn't smiling like usual after a night with Seungkwan.

"Where is Kwannie? Sleeping still?"

"Um...yeah."

"What's wrong? Did something happen?"

Mingyu sits next to him and sighs while nodding.

"What happened?"

"Last night...Wonwoo told Cheol about Kwanah and I."

"What?!" Vernon has to lower his volume after yelling. "What? Why? I thought Kwannie said he wouldn't do that?"

"Well, he did...and he told Cheol a bunch of lies about me to make it worse."

"Lies? Like what?"

"He told him that I was taking advantage of Kwanah and just wanted to sleep with him and he told him that Kwanah was cheating on him with me. Which I mean...I'm not fully innocent in this, but I don't think he deserves to be called a cheater...he really thought I was straight, and I never used him or intentionally hurt him."

"I can't believe him! I didn't think Wonwoo could sink any lower but this is ridiculous." Vernon shakes his head. "Did you explain it to Cheol hyung?"

"I tried...Kwanah tried too, but it didn't go too well. It was a mess, Vernon. I mean worse than I could have imagined."

"Really?"

"He walked in without knocking and we were...kissing...with no clothes on...in bed-"

"Yeah yeah, I get the point Mingyu."

"So...I expected him to be mad at me, I didn't even care when he punched me, but he hurt Kwanah even more."

Vernon stands up and tries not to yell again. "What?! What do you mean?"

"He got aggressive with him and was pulling him around and pushing him and he even hit him."

"What?" That's all Vernon can manage to say.

Mingyu gets upset just thinking about it. "Kwanah was crying so much and just trying to explain it and he hit him, then he said so many awful things to him...I didn't even hear it all because he locked Han and I out while he spoke to him."