018||The end to perfect

9:00, The Urgent Meeting

Night fell over Starfleet like dark cloud of black smoke, pinpricked with stars. Bright lights in buildings become lanterns in the darkness. Traffic in starships had seared off with the night. It was almost peaceful to say, but the meeting with the Starfleet council would be anything, but peaceful.

Brystal strode after her mother who carried their datapads, entering the meeting room. Brystal held her head high up, back straighter than a toothpick once again. Her mother smiled across from her.

"This is probably the first time I'll see you in the captains chair. My Demi leading a whole starship," Ava smiled at Brystal.

"Mom!!" Brystal exclaimed in a whisper, slightly embarrassed, "I just hope I don't f-mess it up."

Her eyes were set dead straight into nothing like everybody's. Brystal looked to see her father was walking with..

"Jim." She whispered, the sudden ache in her heart. The honor she seemed to suddenly have of being a captain that once was Jim's glory, it seemed her father had chosen him as his first officer. She kept on walking until she reached an elevator, realizing she was stuck in an elevator with Spock.

It was an airway silence between the two. Brystal was still angry at Spock backstabbing her and Jim, but she didn't even know if Spock seemed to care. Then again, how was she to know when he was a Vulcan, an emotionless species. 

"Commander-" Spock began. 

"No, it's captain now. I was promoted, Jim was demoted, and you were reassigned." Brystal cut him off.

"It was fortunate that consequences were more severe." Spock stated, seeming ignorant to her.

"Oh, please!" Brystal said, sarcastically, "You backstabbed us. Such a friend you turned out to be."

"It was never my intention." Spock told her.

"Jim saved your life. You wrote a report, and now he lost the Enterprise because of you." Brystal stated, firmly. The doors of the elevator slid open, allowing them out. Brystal walked slowly behind him, keeping his same pace. Her anger was calm and maintained as she looked at the Vulcan.

"Captain, I see now I should have alerted you the fact I submitted the report," Spock said.

"Oh, you think? I know your compulsion to follow the rules, but here's something you should know. Breaking the rules sometimes is better than to let someone down or your crew. As far as I know you don't stab someone in the back after they just saved you." Brystal shot back at him.

"Vulcans cannot lie." Spock stated.

"I'm talking to the half-human of you," Brystal said, turning to look directly at him, "Don't you understand why he went back for you?"