038|| Across The Universe

Brystal almost gasped at the sight of the large space station that Silas was maneuvering in for docking

Brystal almost gasped at the sight of the large space station that Silas was maneuvering in for docking. Swirls of pink and purple dusted the sky and exterior of the station, dusted with the tiny pricks of stars. Space stations these advanced were hard to make in Starfleet, but the scavengers had done it.

The whole space station could've been mistaken for a whole planet. Bits of debris from asteroids surrounded the sphere, circular station like Saturns rings. But the obvious doors that opened to docking bays gave away the hidden parts of the ship.

"Never seen any of this shit back at good old Starfleet?" Jason asked, walking by her, chomping down what looked like a bag of orange chips.

She'd seen Elsa enjoy those types of chips that dusted her fingers with orange flavored dust. Not being able to recall the name, but knew Elsa had a whole stack back in her dorm. This snack must've been popular amongst the Recreations.

"Not like this. Cauis says the scientific possibility of accomplishing something like a that would take a lifetime," Brystal answered.

"Well, his calculations are completely off," Jason said, nonchalantly.

"Actually, he is proving his theory wrong at the moment. His new project is designing a spaceport that he wants to call Yorktown.

"Like the battle in the revolutionary war?" Silas inquired, slightly interested.

"Yes. Cauis was always fascinated with history however the hell they beat the British. He plans on designing a whole community in Yorktown. A whole city, designed for refills for Starfleet ships and give species of all kinds a home."

"Doesn't sound new to me," Jason shrugged.

"Not even if he wants glass that can give off oxygen as the protection?" Brystal looked over at the man.

"He plans on what?" Frida's voice came up from the back of the room, rummaging through some stuff.

"She's just...." Jason examined Brystal to which she stood tall, looking like she'd won a bet, "Telling us that Starfleet is ready to be part of the future.

 "It already is."

"Catch!" Frida shouted down toward the bottom platform, eyeing Brystal. One toss came down with black clothes landing in Brystal's hands.

The leathery feel of a black leather jacket's familiarity touched her finger tips. A cropped tang top with purple and purposely stitched open parts. Pants that were a little oversized, yet came with the same feeling of the jacket.

It had taken her a minute to remember that she was indeed wearing a Starfleet uniform, that could cause an outrage on the space station. The history between scavengers and Starfleet was very colorful and painful to day the least. The open seam of her uniform, dried up blood.

Was it just yesterday Aera Callius had helped design Brystal's uniform? Where Brystal didn't want to be compared like the rest of the Starfleet uniforms, not suited for fighting. Her godmother had followed those orders and immediately had customized the catsuit for Brystal.