030||going to get easier

Callius was seated outside a newly made garden, surrounded by trees and all sorts of fragrant flowers. The scent reminded him of the planet Vestrea, making him feel more relaxed than he had been in weeks. 

White benches that were replicated to look like marble sat on the edges of the plants. The environmental air around him could barely even be smelt. It brought him slight joy 

A large memorial encarved with with dozens of several names, all signed like the persons signature. But all he could do was drift his eyes towards Ava's and Christopher's. Tears were hard to hold back, but he found a way to keep strong.

His eyes only trailed back a bit to see Brystal walking up towards him. Instead of her, saying something like the admirals need you or what are you doing, she took a seat right next to him. She stayed silent, knowing she did know what to say yet.

She was dressed mostly in all black like she usually was. A long-sleeved, black turtleneck as well as ripped black jeans. Her expression was somber, and barely even readable.

"Like that you decided to put a garden in," Brystal commented, "And Cherry Blossoms........that's a nice touch

"I thought your mother would've liked them," Callius responded.

"Callius.......why did you'd at we had to toast like the Renegades? You disbanded them two months after I joined, after the incident-"

"And yet that type of incident happened again in Starfleet, even after I swore to defend this place," Callum's interrupted.

"Callius.....that's not the point," Brystal explained, "We lost two good soldiers that day. Mason Graham and Katherine Grohl. We let the scavengers get the upper hand by making-"

"I know," Callius spoke up.

"Just let me speak for once!" Brsytal begged him, "They tricked everyone just as much as they tricked your daughter, Amaya into joining them. You lost so many things that day and I don't know how you can handle it all!

Mom  and Dad are gone. I almost lost Jim, the captain of the ship I work on! And I lost all control of myself,  nearly killing the only thing that could save Jim! I'm not you.......and I can't control all of these emotions forever......one day I'm going to burst and breakdown somewhere."

Tears had begun to start to sting and slightly fall down her face. Every emotion and loss she kept inside her had slowly started to break through her. The pain and sorrow that had numbed her body for so long seemed to feel as if it started to unlock its cage inside her.

Callius immediately felt his whole body drop at her words. His stomach twisted into various series of knots, making his heart feel tight. She was right and he knew it.

"That's the thing about the people we love. The more we know and love them.....the more it hurts to see them go. Making you wish they never existed, so you wouldn't suffer the pain you are right now. And there just so much that time will never erase from history," Callius spoke, not daring to stutter from his now uncontrollable emotions.