028||Losing Control

Brystal felt her legs buckle underneath her as she looked from the doorway. She grabbed the edges of the doorway to support her. Spock was talking to Scotty, her heart breaking knowing Jim was in that compartment filled with toxic gases.

Overwhelming amounts of pain filled her body. Her lungs gasped for that they didn't need. Her heart feeling as if it had been shattered like glass. It was unbearable to not even feel any pain she already felt. Her eye laying on Jim's weak body.

She couldn't will her body away from the sight. She didn't know how to handle another death again in such a short period of time. Tears wanting to flow down her cheeks, sadness causing her heart to shatter once again.

A knot formed in her stomach. Consumed with guilt and an overwhelmed heart.

It didn't take even an engineering genius long to figure out what had happened. Jim Kirk had sacrificed the greatest gift that was given to a man.

"The decontamination process is not complete. You'd flood the compartment. The doors locked, sir." Scotty said, blinking back tears.

"No....please....not Jim too," Brystal begged, tears bursting from her eyes. She was losing everybody she loved, everyone who cared about her. Her mother, her father, and now Jim would be gone forever. 

What would be next? Olivia? Callum? Uhara?

It was because of Kahn. A sudden anger burst through her body, her eyes showing  a fury she'd never felt. It was all because of him. It was all because of Khan. 

Brystal felt her rage bubble to her brain, "No. He won't get away this time." She detached her phaser from her belt. She broke into a run down the hallways, her rage taking over her body.

"Bri!" Olivia shouted through the hallways, running down endless corridors. She reached the engineering chamber where Uhara had ran to. Olivia turned the corner to find Uhara crying into Scotty's shoulder.

Olivia fell into a state of confusion before realizing what must've happened. Could it be? No, she had to put that dreaded thought aside.

Olivia walked over to where Scotty stood, holding Uhara. Olivia stared, seeing Spock sitting in front of the door, where a dead James T. Kirk lay. Olivia covered her mouth, overcome with sadness and shock.