Chapter 5: College

The sunlight smacked me right in the face and I groggily opened my eyes. Shutting them again, I attempted a second go, only to find someone standing there. 

Blinking into focus, I realized it was him. My mouth hung open, and my eyes widened a bit, the realization hitting me—I'm married now. Crap.

I hastily sat up, running my fingers through my hair. He took a seat in front of me, looking all dashing in a navy trench coat, a crisp white shirt with a sharp collar, and a navy tie with tiny white colored dots.

"Hey butterfly, good morning," he greeted with a warm smile, his gaze fixed on me.

"Morning," I mumbled, still half asleep, shifting my eyes away. It's kinda awkward and embarrassing.

But wait, what time is it?

 I quickly scanned the room for my phone as he casually asked, "Need something?"

"Yeah, what's the time?"

"Well, you're up early. It's only 7:35 a.m." 

A knock on the door interrupted us, and Zephyr turned to it.

 "Come in," he said, and a butler entered, holding a tray of food, keeping it on the nightstand, and walking away.

"Hold up," he said, sitting with his attention on me. The butler paused, and I glanced at his back at the butler.

He stood next to us where we sat on the bed.

"Why didn't Sarah bring this?" he glanced towards him, raising a brow and his tone sounded a bit colder.

"Sir, Sarah told me to bring it." 

"Get Sarah," he ordered, and the butler nodded.

Turning back to me with a smile he spoke, "I'll be back in a bit, love. Oh, and there's a little gift for you. Take your pick." 

He pointed towards a door in the room and exited, leaving me curious.

I got up and strolled over to the door, discovering a walk-in wardrobe. It was quite spacious, divided into two sections.

 I opened one, finding an array of tuxedos, woolen mufflers, boots, and shoes neatly arranged.

 Everything looked new, pristine, with a soft touch. The drawers beneath held an assortment of ties, perfumes, brooches, and various accessories. 

Another section showcased rows of hung dresses, surprising me with their abundance.

 I opened drawers to unveil hair accessories, woolen mufflers, socks, makeup products, handbags, and even bras and panties.

It caught me off guard—how did they accurately guess my size?

 Opting for a black top, a cardigan with three different shades of green and white vertical stripes, and loose white baggy pants, I laid them out on the bed.

This was my type—comfy and colorful.

Heading to the bathroom through another door, I took a shower, swiftly changed into the new clothes, applied light makeup, tied my hair into a ponytail, and grabbed my bag.

Walking downstairs, I noticed no one around until a maid approached.

"Good morning, Mrs. Reynolds."

It sounded kinda different to me because I'm not used to it. It felt too formal and gave off, like, an older vibe.

"Morning. You can call me Daphne," I suggested with a smile.