Chapter 19: Punish

Zephyr's POV~

"Drive faster!" I growled at the driver, my impatience boiling over.

 Finally, one thing is sorted –Daphne's parents are out of here. And tomorrow, her siblings and that parasite friend of hers will be gone too. But for now, I have to deal with the scumbag who dared to touch what's mine.

...

After another agonizing 25 minutes of driving, we finally reached.

"Stop," I commanded before we could enter the iron gate.

No one should know that I'm home. I stepped out of the car, the guards bowing respectfully as they quickly opened the door. 

"Is everyone inside?" I asked eagerly.

"Sir, Mrs. Reynolds, her friend, and Sir Xavier are in. The rest have gone out to the city for a concert," one of the guards replied. I nodded curtly, my jaw clenched with anger, as I made my way towards the entrance.

I unlocked the door and stepped inside, making my way to my study. With a swift motion, I locked the door behind me, ensuring my privacy. Moving towards the wall, I carefully removed the large portrait of the estate, revealing the hidden lift.

Shrugging off my coat, I rolled up my shirt's sleeves and grabbed the leather bag from the cabinet. With purposeful strides, I pressed the button and entered the lift, selecting the 5th floor. It asked for my handprint, which I provided without hesitation.

As the lift ascended, a smirk played on my lips. 

The 5th floor – my favorite level in the entire estate.

 Its personality could be summed up in one word: ominous.

Exiting the lift onto the wooden corridor, I walked straight ahead. At the end, a door was labeled "Staircase 6th Floor." 

The path curved to the left as I turned and continued walking on straight, paying no heed to the rooms lining the corridor

The path curved to the left as I turned and continued walking on straight, paying no heed to the rooms lining the corridor. I reached my destination and twisted the knob, entering the dimly lit room. A single focused light illuminates on my prey who was tied securely to a chair, seemingly asleep.

A smirk crept onto my face. This would be his last rest in this world – a world I liked to call hell.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Daphne's POV~

Closing the journal, I couldn't help but smile. He was a great person. It belonged to Zephyr's great-great-granduncle, Emanuel Reynolds. I had no idea Reynolds's history could be this interesting.