Chapter 36: Camping

"Come on," Zephyr said, pulling off his t-shirt.

"Nooo," I said quietly, eyeing the water. After chatting a bit about the place, he asked me to join him for a swim. Without waiting for my response, he took off his shirt, revealing his muscular chest and toned abs. His skin glistened under the sunlight, making him look like a figure out of a dream. He ran towards the water with the excitement of a child.

"Come on, butterfly!" he called out, waving me over. His smile was infectious, and despite my denial, I found myself smiling back.

He splashed some water in my direction, making me shiver from the coldness.

"It's fun," he gestured for me to join him. I hesitated, worried there might be snakes in the water.

This is a forest area, and mostly insects and snakes live near these places in clear streams, which makes me really scared. 

 My fear of snakes wasn't just an irrational phobia; it was rooted in a traumatic experience from a school trip years ago. While exploring a trail, I had unknowingly stepped near a nest of snakes and suddenly, one slithered over my foot, sending me into a panic.

 I screamed and froze, unable to move. My classmates laughed, but Abby rushed to my side. She grabbed a stick, gently moved the snake away, and hugged me tight. That was the first incident that solidified my trust in Abby.

"T-There might be snakes in it," I said, my voice shaking. 

I hate snakes. Actually, not just snakes, but reptiles in general.

"If there were any, I wouldn't have brought you here," he said with a serious look that made me gulp. 

"Come in now," he added, this time more like a command.

I walked towards him slowly, but he stopped me. 

"Strip, darling."

"B-but I'm fi-" I started to say but stopped when I saw him staring at me with a firm look without blinking.

"You've got five seconds. Don't spoil the mood by breaking the rules," he spoke in a disappointed, strict tone.

"Five..."

I gulped. I didn't want to disappoint him; he had been so nice to me. I sighed as I pulled my skirt down.

"Three."

I quickly removed my top, leaving me in my purple lingerie.

"One."

As I immersed myself in the water, he smiled and pressed his lips to mine. 

"This is how I prefer you, obedient and attentive to my every word," he murmured by my lips and I gave him a nod in response

Our bodies were partially immersed in the water as he gripped my hand beneath the surface. "Come with me," he murmured, pointing toward a rock on the opposite side of the water.