Chapter 33: Caring

He rose from my lap and fetched a few bags near my feet. I turned them upside down when he gestured to me causing many packets to fall out, making my eyes widen in surprise.

I stared at the array of menstrual products spread out before me, each offering a different variety. There were pads, tampons, menstrual cups, period underwear, disposable underwear—everything imaginable. Some of them were completely new to me. Alongside them were cute, soft plushies, which he handed to me.

He scratched the back of his neck nervously and said, "Well, I wasn't quite sure what you needed, so I picked up every type of menstrual product from different brands I could find. And these heating bags? Figured they might offer you some relief," he explained, gesturing towards the plushies which made my heart skipped a beat. 

Was I falling for him again, despite what he had done?

 He was being so kind to me once more. But I had to stay strong and not fall into his trap.

"Lost in thought, sweetheart? Don't worry, choose whatever you like," he said softly, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I..." I stuttered, feeling incredibly shy as I glanced at the bed covered with all the period stuff. My cheeks burned with embarrassment. I hesitantly picked up a packet of pads as he smiled.

"Is this the one you use?" he asked, taking the packet from me while dialing a number on his phone. 

"Sending you a picture; bring an entire stack of it," he instructed into the phone making my eyes widen in disbelief. An entire stack of pads?

"A-An entire stack?" 

"Don't stress over that. Let's focus on what's important. it's been hours since you last changed your pad, hasn't it?" he asked, and I suddenly realized he was right. It was time for a fresh one.

"Come on, sweetheart, let's get you into a fresh one," he said, heading into the walk-in wardrobe to change. As I rose from the bed, it suddenly clicked me. When he said "Let's get you into a fresh one"... Did he mean...! NO WAY! It couldn't be!

I rushed into the bathroom, but before I could lock the door, he nudged it open slightly, causing me to stumble backward. He followed me in and locked the door behind him.

"Z-Zephyr, I can handle it myself," I stammered nervously, feeling my cheeks flush with embarrassment. The idea of him helping me change my pad was beyond mortifying.

"But baby, I wanna help you. It's just you and me, okay?" he said softly, lifting me up to sit on the edge of the washbasin.

He placed the packet on my lap and rested both hands beside my thighs, leaning down to read the instructions. 

"I don't really know how to do this, but I'll learn. I want to help you every time," he said, and I could feel my cheeks burning even brighter.

"I-I can do it, Z-Zephyr. No... no need to trouble yourself. I'll manage," I insisted, trying to convince him, but he just smiled and kissed my lips softly.

"Seems like my wife's worrying about me, huh? But darlin', ain't no need for that. I ain't feeling troubled or nothin'. Just wanna be there for you, and I'll make sure I am," he said confidently.

"Remove the adhesive backing from the pad. Position the pad in the center of your underwear, sticky side down. Press firmly to secure it in place," he read aloud, chuckling at the simplicity of the instructions.