Chapter 16: Suprise

Daphne's POV~

"Ladies and gentlemen,

Please join me in welcoming the newest addition to our family, my beautiful wife, Daphne Reynolds.

Her grace, charm, and wit have captured my heart forever.

Daphne, you are my rock, my confidante, and my everything. As we embark on this journey together, I am filled with gratitude and joy.

So let us raise our glasses to love, laughter, and a lifetime of happiness. I love you, Daphne.

Cheers!"

After he finished his speech, everyone raised their glasses.

Then came the cake-cutting part. Zephyr asked me to hold the knife, and he placed his hands over mine. Together, we cut the cake and shared a bite.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zephyr's POV~

I took Daphne's hand tightly and led her over to where my partners were gathered for our latest project. 

"Congratulations, Zephyr," Nicholas William Brown, my business partner, greeted me with a hug.

He's definitely a hard worker, no question about it. And his company has always delivered top-notch results. Working with him for years has really solidified our bond into a true friendship.

"Thanks, Nicholas," I replied, giving a small smile.

Beside him stood his ex-wife, Rebecca, who held a 50 percent stake in his company, along with a few other partners.

"Congratulations, Mrs. Reynolds," Rebecca said taking both of her hands in hers. Daphne smiled graciously and thanked her.

"You make such a beautiful pair. Wishing you endless joy," Rebecca added.

"It's all becoming clear now. I understand why he was so eager," Nicholas said, a chuckle escaping him as realization struck.

I smiled proudly and glanced at Daphne's little frame beside me, who blushed and shyly clutched her dress. I wrapped my arm around her waist protectively.

"Hey, there's someone I want you both to meet," Nicholas said, scanning the hall before excusing himself.

Rebecca continued, "Our son will be joining the company and taking over this project."

Son? I didn't know they had a son in these 5 years, nor did they ever mention anything about it.

"Son? And Out of the blue?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Don't worry, Nick and I are taking a few months off. You know, despite our divorce, we're still friends. Our son thought it was time for a break after all the hard work," Rebecca explained with a chuckle.

"Indeed, you're both lucky parents, and your son is fortunate too," I remarked, thinking of my own family.

As Rebecca continued speaking, Nicholas's voice interrupted. I turned to see a young man with him and scanned him from head to toe. 

"Meet our one and only son, Cyrus Brown," Nicholas announced proudly.