Chapter 15: Reception

Daphne's POV~

Knock

Knock, Knock

"Daphne"

Knock

I groaned as I tried to open my eyes, the sun's rays coming right into my face. I looked around the room and realized I was in a different place. Abbey was beside me, and I remembered sleeping in her room last night.

 I got up, threw on my robe, and stumbled to the door, rubbing my eyes.

Zephyr was standing there in a white tee, looking all sweaty, his black joggers and kicks completing the look.

My cheeks flushed when I noticed his bulky chest through that shirt. Before I could react, he pulled me into a hug and planted a kiss on my head. 

"Morning, butterfly." 

"Morning," I mumbled, still half asleep. 

"Did you have a good night's sleep, love?" he asked, his eyes fixed on me.

"Uh, yeah," I stuttered, feeling a bit flustered under his gaze.

"Come on, sweetheart. Let's make our way to 'our room' and get ready. It's already 7:45 am," he said while glancing at his fitness tracker.

"But you don't have work today, do you?" I asked, still feeling sleepy. 

Abigail and I were exploring the library until around 2:30 something. We didn't really read anything; we were just chatting and having fun. I showed her the diary I found about the estate, and she seemed pretty interested in it.

"Sweetheart, you know how I am about being punctual, even outside of work. And today, it's especially important. And I certainly don't want your parents getting the wrong impression of their daughter, catching some extra Z's," he said, his expression tender as he gently brushed a strand of hair from my face.  

"He's got a point," my subconscious said. I mean, I don't want them thinking their daughter's only good for snoozing

"Yeah," I muttered, lost in thought, while he just smirked. 

He squeezed my hand gently and led me towards our room.

...

I stepped out of the shower, wrapping myself in a towel. Glancing at the hanger, I cursed under my breath—I forgot my clothes again. I cautiously unlocked the door and peeked outside.

Phew.

He wasn't there.

I tiptoed out and hurried over to the wardrobe. Slipping into my bra and panty, I stood with my hands on my hips, pondering, What to wear? My eyes landed on a gorgeous black lace-back top.

 Slipping into my bra and panty, I stood with my hands on my hips, pondering, What to wear? My eyes landed on a gorgeous black lace-back top