Chapter 14: Jealousy

Daphne's POV~

We both burst into laughter as Abby recounted more hilarious moments, my sides aching from the giggles.

"Stop it," I interrupted her, finally managing to catch my breath from all the laughter.

"Okay, spill, how's life treating you these days? What's your daily routine like?" Abby inquired, genuinely curious.

My subconscious chimed in, mocking me with its sarcastic tone. "Yeah, what do 'I' do all day?"

I shrugged nonchalantly. 

"Not much, just random stuff. But guess what? I found a new obsession to pass the time." 

"What's that?" she asked, arching an eyebrow.

"The library!"

"What's so exciting about that? You practically lived in libraries or bookstores before you tied the knot." 

"Yeah, but it's different. Wanna check out?" I asked.

She glanced up from her phone, "Now?"

"Yeah, trust me, you'll love it!" I replied confidently.

She chuckled as I jumped off the bed, throwing on my robe and pulling her along.

We climbed up to the 4th floor and I noticed she was panting. 

I chuckled.

"Why the laugh though? It's pretty high up here. They seriously need an elevator," she complained.

She stretched her back and let out a groan as it cracked, "Ouch, damn!"

I winked as she followed me to the door.

"Reynolds Library," Abby read the plaque as I opened the door.

 The lights were on as usual, and I glanced at Abby, whose eyes widened like they were about to pop out of her head.