Poisoned minds - Chapter 31

ANJEL

It's been a day since I've been in my office. I haven't slept in 24 hours.

I prefer to stay in my office, at this moment in time. I'd rather not see anyone or talk to anyone until my head is clear enough to take action.

What action am I talking about?

Clarissa is on her way here in a few hours for us to discuss everything. I didn't explain to her what our conversation will be about, so she just thinks we're going to talk about Seans arrival yesterday.

After me and daphnes argument, I took a few moments to question everything. Could she be right?
What if Sean and Melissa lied to daphne just to get her on their side? It's a possibility, but I'll find out soon who's telling the truth and who's telling the lie.

This whole situation is not just a little white lie, it's dark.

Yesterday....

'Wow. This place has changed a lot...and so have you' Seans eyes scan the living room, his face turning sour the more he analyses some things that still hasn't been changed since he left.
I look at the roaring fire pit as it lets out crackling noises that calms a little part of me, yet I still can't think of nothing but Clarissa and the more I do the more my body goes back to the same aggravating tension.

It's taking a lot of me not to attack Sean right now. It's been 4 years, even though some of us has changed, he certainly hasn't.
He's still the sarcastic brother I've always known him to be.
Now..I don't know if that's one thing that annoys me about him.
'People change' I say. I refuse to take a peek towards him. If I look at him, my mind will go blank with rage and I will definitely put a bullet through his skull. 'You're right, they do' he adds on. I know what he's trying to initiate, but it won't work with me. 'Look anjel...'
'Don't say another word' I cut him off.
'I think we both owe each-other an explanation'
'No we don't'
'Anjel-'
'The only reason I'm not putting a bullet in your skull right now is because of my nephew, other wise you would be dead'
I refuse to give Sean any freedom of speech. He has no right to talk to me. Even if 4 years passed, that won't change the fact that he touched my fiancé.
Sean takes a deep breath before letting it all out in a sigh.
'It's up to you wether you want to believe me or that woman, but I won't keep this grudge in any longer.'
I scoff. This whole situation is like a joke to him. He doesn't even give a shit about who he harmed. For the sake of our family and my mother, I'm keeping calm. I'd hate for my mother to griev over a loss of her son.

Present...

I've fought for Clarissa this whole time. I cut off my own brother just for her. If I find out she's been lying this whole time, I don't know if I can keep collected.

I don't harm women, but lying about...

The words refuse to leave my mouth. Even the thought of it makes my blood turn cold.

Daphne is still in the house. Pelican did say she hasn't left her room the whole day either.
We're both still recovering with what could be the truth and what could be the lie.

This is the perfect time for Clarissa to come into the house. When daphne is out of sight.
I'm sure daphne won't leave her room any time soon.

I hear a faint knock on my office door. I can tell from the knock that it's Clarissa. I instantly get up from my chair and open the door to let her in.

Clarissa's face lights up and she throws her arms around my neck, going forward into a kiss.
I don't kiss her back. My mind is too full right now.

Her facial expression turns cold at my rejection to the kiss. As soon as her eyes dart to my face down to the dark circles under my eyes, she knows something is up.