Chapter 1'852

Maya:
What's that Abby asked pointing at his stethoscope. This is my stethoscope, it helps me hear your heart wanna try he asked her. Yeah she said excited.

Ok, here we go he said sitting the ear parts into her ears. Jake carefully held them in place, and Nathan stuck it on his own chest. Can you hear that he asked her.

Yeah Abby squealed amazed. That's a heartbeat baby I said. It's cool mama she said amazed. Yeah it is, can I have a listen to yours princess Nathan asked her.

Ok, Abby said. Thank you honey he said taking his stethoscope back, and listening to her chest. Can you take a big breath like this Nathan said showing her.

She did as she was told, and he had her do it a few more time. Good job baby girl Jake said. Ok, all I have to do now is take your temperature is that ok Nathan asked.

Yeah Abby said. Thank you sweetheart he said using the forehead thermometer on her. You're right about the low fever, 99.8 he said. What do you think she has I asked.

I'm almost certain this little lady just has a cold, have you been anywhere the last few days he asked. We were at the beach most of the day yesterday Jake said.

Did you use the bathrooms there he asked. We did, though there wasn't soap so we had to use hand sanitiser I said. That could be how she picked it up, do you know when she started sneezing he asked.

Probably after lunchtime I would say Jake said. Yeah, that seems pretty close I said. Either way it seems mild, however I would like to do a swab of her throat just to make sure it's not something like strep he said.

That sounds understandable Jake said. She might fight you in that one though I said. I know all little ones fight it he said grabbing what he needed.

What that Abby asked curious. This is a cotton swab, I'm just gonna tickle your throat with it ok Nathan said. Ok, Abby said understanding. Open nice and wide for me Nathan said and she opened her mouth for him.

Thank you princess he said quickly doing it. All done thank you for being so brave Nathan said. You're welcome Abby said smiling like the brave little girl she is.