Fighting for a Breakup

(Jacob's P.O.V)

"Jacob wake up! Reilly's here." Jasmine said that last part kind of grumpy. I sat up.

"What?"

"I said your stupid girlfriend is here." Jasmine repeated and walked out the room. I checked my phone for any texts.

Hey babe! Comin over at eleven! I threw my phone on the bed and layed back down. I threw a pillow over my face and sat there for a while. I took a deep breath and got out of bed and went to brush my teeth. Five minutes later I'm downstairs finding Reilly with my mom talking in the kitchen.

"Hey babe." Reilly said when she saw me.

"Hey." I said walking over to her and sitting down.

"Hungry?" Mom asked. I nodded and went to the fridge for a bottle of water.

"What are you doing here?" I asked turning back to Reilly.

"I was just thinking of you and thought we could hang out before you go to practice."

"Sure." I respond as Mom handed me a plate of eggs and sausage. "What are we gonna do?" I ask taking a bite.

We walk along the beach for a while talking every so often. Multiple times she's tried to kiss me and every time I found a way out of it. She might be starting to notice. She holds my hand and squeezes it.

She stops walking after a while and looks at me. I try to keep from looking at her by staring at the sand.

"Okay. What's wrong?" I finally look up at her.

"Nothing."

"Say that to every kiss you've somehow avoided. You're being... distant."

"So there's something wrong with me if I don't want to kiss you?"

"No but I can tell there's something wrong so spill it."

"First of all, there's nothing wrong. Second, you can't make me spill anything."

"I'm your girlfriend. You're supposed to tell me everything. You're supposed to trust me."

"Well I can't tell you if I don't trust you."

"You don't trust me?" She waits for an answer. When I don't give one she switches the leg she stands on and bites her lower lip. "I thought nothing was wrong?" I could feel the anger rising up in me so I make a fist and close my eyes. I take a deep breath and run my hand through my hair, tugging at the ends.

"Fine. You wanna know what's wrong? I don't want to date anymore. I'm tired of you trying to control me and my friends. You're rude to just about everyone you know and it's annoying. Most importantly, I don't think you ever really cared about me. Not like that." She takes a shaky breath. Okay, maybe that last part was a lie.

"So we're done?" I try to catch her gaze but she stares at the ground. I see a tear slide down her cheeks and I sigh.

"Yeah. We're done."

"Okay." She whispers. She turns and walks away. I open my mouth to call after her but what's the point? I just dumped her and she probably already hates my guts. Her friends are coming after me soon. My phone vibrates in my pocket and I dig it out.

Prac in 5!

Omw. I reply. I run towards the gym even though I don't need to. When I get inside Meleke, CJ, and Jhordian are waiting for me by the doors and talking about something.

"Hey." I say as I get closer to them.

"Hey." They all respond one after the other.

"Have you heard about the new girl?" Jhordian asks.

"Yeah Brett said she's cute." Meleke responds.

"Brandon said he saw her walk into that cheer gym earlier. He thinks she has a twin sister." CJ adds.

"Guys. Can we not talk about girls? I've had enough of them for today." I finally say. They all give me confused looks.

"You broke up with her didn't you?" CJ asks.

"Yeah he did." I look at Meleke who's looking at his phone.

"How do you know?"

"Reilly told Julie. Julie told Tucker. Tucker told Brett, Brandon, Alex, and Andrew and they told me."

"So basically the whole school will know by the time practice is over." Jhordian says.

"Be ready to have girls chasing after you on Monday." CJ adds with a wink.

Practice was the same as usual. We warmed up, did ball drills, and we scrimmaged. When I got home I headed straight for the shower. I stayed in there longer than needed and reluctantly decided to come out. I walked into my room without a shirt to find Jasmine laying down on my bed watching whatever was on.

"You know the whole point of your own room is so you leave me alone and watch tv in there."

"I like it in here better. Everything is bigger." She watches tv for a few more minutes and I lay down beside her. "What I really came in here for is because Mom said come eat lunch." She scoots to the edge of the bed and hops off.

"And here I was thinking you wanted to have brother/sister bonding time." I go to my drawers to find a shirt and put it on making my way downstairs.

"How was practice?" Mom asks when I enter the kitchen.

"Practice itself was fine. Before though, now that's a different story." I say as she hands me a plate with a club sandwich and a side of chips. Jasmine comes bouncing in as I take a bite and Mom hands her a plate.

"You wanna talk about it?" I shrug.

"Reilly was being Reilly and I dumped her. Now the whole school knows."

"You're not gonna like... you know... bring girls home with you and have them sneak out every morning are you?" Jasmine questions. I look at her confused. "What?" She looks from me to Mom. "It happens in the movies."

"What movies have you been watching?" Mom turns to Jasmine. She takes a bite from her sandwich and chews slowly.

"The answer to your question is no." I say confused on what was happening. Mom finally turns her gaze back to me.

"How's Reilly holding up?" I shrug again.

"No idea. She started crying when she walked away and within the hour somehow managed to tell everyone in our grade."

"Well at least she didn't run away crying, right?" Jasmine adds. Mom gives her another look. "I'm kidding, Mom. I may not like her but I wouldn't want her crying either." Mom shakes her head in response. I finish off my sandwich and open the bag of chips. "So what are you gonna do about Reilly? I mean, don't y'all have like the same group of friends?"

"I don't know. Reilly doesn't talk to the guys a lot and if she does it's because of Julie." I finish the bag of chips and put my plate in the sink and the bag in the trash. I go up to my room to watch tv and lay down.

AN/: Vote, Comment, Like, and Share!