Fighting for a Fight

(Lexi's P.O.V)

I soon remember that I hurt my ankle when I put pressure on it the next morning. I wince and slowly put pressure on it again to see how well ill be able to walk today.

I sigh and head to the bathroom to take a shower. I get out and dry off and throw on my undergarments before doing my hair. I brush out the tangles and braid it to the side. I finish getting dressed and head downstairs with my backpack. I sit at the bar as Mom hands me a plate. Juliana soon sits next to me after a few bites. Mom hands her a plate too and we sit there in silence.

"Juliana said that you hurt your ankle last night during practice. How does it feel?" Mom asks making a plate for her and Dad.

"Still hurts but it feels better than it did."

"Do you need to go to the doctor?" I shake my head.

"It's fine. It'll be better by practice probably. If not I'll wear an ankle brace to help." I shrug. Mom nods unconvinced.

"I think you should still get it checked."

"I'll be fine." I say finishing off my food. I get a text from Jacob telling me that he's here. I get out of my seat and put my backpack on. I go around the island and hug mom. "I'm leaving." I head out the kitchen but not before messing with Juliana's hair. "Later twerp." I say before heading out the front door.

I get inside Jacob's car and set my stuff down.

"Hey Princess." He says smiling at me. I look over at him with a smile of my own.

"Hey yourself." I lean over the console and peck him on the lips.

"Nice braid." He smirks as I put on my seatbelt and he continues down the road.

"Nice shirt." I tell him. He's wearing one of my soccer shirts that I let him borrow out of my closet.

"Thanks. It kinda smells like you still."

"I don't know why. You've had it for like two months. By the way that was one of my favorite shirts and I would like it back."

"Yeah? Well now it's one of my favorites."

"And why's that?"

"Because it's one of your favorites. Besides I'm still waiting for all of my shirts back. You took all the good ones." He looks over at me and gives me his lopsided grin before looking back at the road.

"Do you ever stare in the mirror and perfect your smiles?" I ask curious. He raises an eyebrow as he glances at me again.

"Perfect my smiles?" He chuckles. "What does that mean?" I shrug.

"I don't know. Your smile is perfect. It's like an art form you've learn to perfect." He furrows his eyebrows while looking ahead.

"You wanna know a secret?" He asks. I nod.

"Sure."

"I wake up every morning with fifteen minutes to stare at myself in the mirror, give my hair a pep talk, and practice every smile."

"Wow. That only takes fifteen minutes?" I say shock. "Although that does explain the perfect hair." He laughs. I rest my hand on the console and lay my chin on it staring at him. "Wow. Now that I think about it everything about you is perfect."

"You're pretty perfect yourself." He grins looking at me. He pulls into the school and finds a parking space. He parks the car and leans back in his seat. He turns his head towards me and smiles. I raise an eyebrow and turn my body towards him. "You know I was kidding right?"