Fighting for a Project

(Jacob's P.O.V)

After school Lexi and I agreed to finish our project at her house. This is our last day to work on it before we have to turn it in. She usually goes to my house but since she gets out of practice later and my parents won't be home, we decided to do it at her house. Jasmine is going home with a friend and I have to pick her up before 9:15. Hen I get to Lexi's house I knock on the door and a minute later her mom opens it.

"Oh! You must be Jacob! They're not back from cheer just yet. Come on in." She opens the door wider and I walk past her. She closes the door and leads me to the kitchen. I set my stuff down on the floor next to me.

"That smells good. What are you cooking?"

"Breakfast for dinner! Featuring eggs, bacon, pancakes, and a fruit salad!" I laugh. "Feel free to eat some of the fruit if you're hungry." I grab a pineapple and an apple with a fork.

"Thank you."

"So Jacob. What kind of things do you like to do? Any sports or interests?

"I play baseball, football, and basketball. I tried to play soccer but somehow the ball kept getting under my feet and I would fall." Lexi's mom smiles.

"Sorry to hear that." I grab a couple more fruit slices and eat them. When I'm done I set the fork down next to the bowl. A little while later the door opens and slams shut.

"Shut up!" Someone yells.

"I haven't said anything! Why don't you stop yelling!" Someone else screams back, Lexi. A girl runs past the doorway of the kitchen and Lexi comes into view as a door slams shut upstairs. Lexi sighs and goes towards the fruit bowl.

"Hey Jacob. I see you've met my wonderful mother." She says reaching for a strawberry with her hand. Before she can grab it though her mom slaps her hand away. "Oww! What-"

"Use a fork." She rolls her eyes and grabs the one by the bowl and goes for the strawberry again. She keeps digging into it finding more fruit to grab.

"That was my fork." I say as she bites an apple off from it.

"Not anymore." She grabs another fruit before setting the form down.

"What's wrong with your sister?" Her mom asks flipping a pancake. Lexi shrugs.

"I don't know."

"Okay. What's wrong with you?" She rolls her eyes and sighs.

"Nothing." She turns towards me. "Come on. We need to work on the project." She makes her say to the door as I grab my stuff.

"Nice meeting you." I say.

"You too honey."

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask as we head upstairs.

"Yeah." She opens the door to her room and walks in. I follow he closing the door after me. She gets all the stuff out from her closet.

"Okay so all we have to do is add another layer of the paint and start glueing everything together. Right?"

"Yeah. I think so." She lays everything out in the center of the floor and adds paint to the plates. I lay down across from her and grab a paint brush. We lay in silence until we finish painting. We use her bathroom that's connected and wash the paint off. We turn the ceiling fan on and Lexi goes to get another blow dryer so we can dry the paint. As she leaves I take in the sight of her room. A dresser with a TV on top, a bed with a nightstand by it, medals hung up on a wall, bows bows hanging on the wall opposite of the medals, two bookshelves in a corner filled with books, and books on the other side of it in stacks.

Lexi comes back into her room with another blow dryer and hands it to me. We dry the paint in silence and half an hour later we're starting the glueing. Lexi plugs the hot glue gun in and lays on the floor waiting. I go to the bookshelf and look at all of the books.

"You really area nerd." She laughs and I turn towards her.

"I know. My friends used to make fun of me."

I go over to her bed and sit on it.

"Question. Why do you like to read?" She shrugs.

"It's an escape from reality." She looks over at me. "Everyone needs it at some point." She sits up to check the glueand starts bringing over pieces to glue. Fifteen minutes later the pieces are all glued together and I take a picture of it and send it to Jasmine. Lexi puts it back in her closet and lays back down on the floor. I lay back on the bed and watch her stare at the ceiling.

I grab one of her pillows and throw it at her. It hits her on the face and lands next to her. She gives me a surprised look and throws it back. I catch it easily and throw it back at her. She hits it with her hand land I throw another one from the bed. She blocks it again and gets up from the floor grabbing the pillows too. She hits me repeatedly with both pillows and I take them from her hands and throw them to where she can't grab them. I grab another pillow and hit her repeatedly in the stomach while dodging hits from her fists. She starts laughing and grabs my pillow. I laugh with her and grab her waist bringing her on the bed with me and flip us over so I'm on top. I take her pillow from her and set it above her head. I stare into her eyes.

"Do you feel better?" I whisper. She smiles and bites her lip to keep from laughing.

"Yes." She says nodding. I smile.

"Good." I say as her mom calls her downstairs.

"Come on. Time to eat." She pushes me off of her and walks out the room.

After dinner at Lexi's I went to go pick up Jasmine. When we finally left Jasmine started talking about her day in sequential order.

"So how's Lexi?" She asks when she finishes her story. "I saw the picture you sent me and to be honest it could've used more glitter." I laugh.

"Lexi's... Lexi."

"Do you like her?" I shrug.

"I don't know. I mean she's cool, cute, smart, and I like being with her but I don't know if," I trail off and think about it. Do I like her? Most likely. Do I want her as a girlfriend? No clue. "I don't know." I finally settle with. The rest of the way home we walk in silence.

It's been about a month since Lexi and I have hung out. We still talk in the classes we share but not as much and I kind of miss it.

"Hey nerd." I say when I get to Algebra. Lexi looks up from her book and smiles.

"Hey. Long time no talk."

"Speaking of, Jasmine wants you to come back over again."

"Was it her idea or yours?"

"Actually my parents. They miss you too." She laughs and shakes her head.

"Sure. I'll come over after practice." I run my hand through my hair as the bell rings. Lexi goes back to her book still smiling and I can't help but smile too.

Sometime during class Lexi gets out a piece of paper and starts writing on it. She hands it to me and I open it. Favorite fruit? I look at her and smile while raising an eyebrow. I point to a green neon marker on her desk and she hands it over. Pineapple. I write and hand it back to her. She writes on it and hands it back over again. Oranges and on the side she tried to draw and orange and I attempt not to laugh.

Favorite movie? And I pass it over. She passes it back over a couple of seconds later.

The DUFF or Bring It On: In It To Win It. Have you always lived here?

Yes. What's something you've always wanted to do?

Road trip w/ friends. She finally writes after thinking for a while. The bell rings for the end of class and I hand her back the paper.

"Keep it." She takes it from me smiling and puts it in her backpack.

AN:/ Well how about that? A double update. Not edited and all that fun stuff.
Vote, Comment, Like, and Share!