Fighting for a Bet

(Lexi's P.O.V)

"I'm coming in." I say knocking on the closed door. I open it slowly poking my head in a little. "You're at least partially dressed right?" I ask. I hear him laugh.

"Yeah. I'm dressed." I open the door enough to go in and lay on the bed next him.

"What are we watching?" I put my head on his bare chest.

"A horror movie."

"I hate horror movies."

"They aren't even that scary." I sit up and look at him blocking his view of the TV.

"It's not the fact that they're scary. I'm not afraid of horror movies. It's that they're boring, predictable, and practically all the same. I mean they always have the clown or the little girl as the one who gets possessed and they always crawl the walls, turn their heads in weird directions, and have some kind of thing popping out if them." He sits up.

"So you'd rather watch some romance movie where the guy always gets the girl or they finish their bucket list before the significant other dies or they have the best day of their lives before one of them is forced to go so they can follow their dreams? I mean the girl is always uptight and safe while the guy is poor and risky. They are all the same love stories. I don't know why everyone always thinks the girl will die first, it always turns out to be the guy, except in 'A Walk to Remember'."

"The fact that you've seen that movie scares me."

"I have a little sister." He says deadpan.

"Either way, I don't prefer romance over horror. My favorite is comedy hands down."

"Comedy over horror? Do I even know you?" He asks bewildered. I roll my eyes.

"Obviously not."

"Like you know me better?" He challenges.

"Most likely." I smirk.

"This sounds like a challenge Princess."

"Oh it definitely is."

"When are you going to learn that I always come out on top?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Since when?" He smirks and grabs my waist pushing me on the bed so I'm laying down. He puts his hands next to my head and straddles on top of me. His smirk turns into his signature grin. A necklace I've never seen before dangles in front of my face but before I can look at it too much he runs his thumb along my lip softly and slowly.

"Always." He leans down as if he's going to kiss me. I lean up to meet him but he backs away. I roll my eyes.

"I'm not playing this game with you." I grumble. I put my hands on his stomach and push him off so he's laying on the bed. I put my legs on either side of him so I straddle him. I put my hands on his shoulders to keep him in place as I lean down to kiss him. Even though my hands are holding him down he pushes up off the bed so he's in a sitting position with me still wrapped around him. I sit up on my knees until he's situated then I lay back on my legs.

"I like a girl who's demanding." His voice is already raspy and he has a smirk on his face. I kiss him again running my hands through his hair. He grabs a hold of my waist and pulls me closer. I wrap my hands loosely around his neck as he bites my lower lip. I open my mouth and he plays with my tongue. His hold around my waist tightens and he pulls me even closer if that's even possible. I feel something cold against my arm. I break away from the kiss to look at his necklace. It's sterling silver with the number '2' on it.

"Where'd you get this?" My voice is hoarse.

"My parents got it for me as an early birthday present." I grab the chain and run my hands down to the pendant. Jacob puts his head in the crook of my neck and starts planting kisses. I close my eyes and tilt my head to the side so he has better access.