Fighting for Florida

(Lexi's P.O.V)

"Jacob quit it." I say for the fifth time that morning. He does it again. I grab my library book and hit him on the arm. "Stop it. I'm trying to finish."

"Oww. It's not my fault you didn't finish your homework last night." I glare at him and raise the book again. "Okay okay." He raises his hands in surrender. "I'm sorry." He kisses my temple.

"It's fine. I'm just stressed." I say looking back down at my piles of papers. We are currently sitting in the library by ourselves. Jhordian and CJ are nowhere to be seen, Mallory is still not here, and Lindsey is officially with Taylor. Along with that I'm behind on homework, haven't studied for finals that starts next week, and I have Worlds starting tomorrow. Our flight for Florida is right after school.

"One thing at a time." Jacob reminds me. He's being saying that the past few days to calm me down. "Homework first. I promise to sit here and eat my breakfast quietly."

"You don't have to be silent. But you blowing in my ear isn't helping." He chuckles and sips his chocolate milk. He grabs my face with his hand and turns it towards him. He brings his lips to mine and I instantly taste eggs and sausage. I start laughing at the thought of it.

"Why are you laughing?" He says chuckling at my laughter.

"You taste like a breakfast burrito." I smile at him. He kisses me again.

"I like your laugh. It feels like forever since I've heard it."

"You're lips are greasy." He smiles.

"Yours are too." I wipe my mouth.

"It's your fault." I grab his chocolate milk and take a sip. He tries to tilt it back more but I pull it away fast enough. I swallow the drink and slap him playfully. "Jerk." He laughs and looks up. I follow his gaze and see Mallory collapse in a chair. Her hair is in a messy bun and she looks like she hasn't slept in days.

"What's up with you?" Jacob asks.

"Everything. Probably the same list as Lexi's minus you."

"I didn't know I was a problem for her." He asks raising an eyebrow at me.

"Right now you are." I tease. I grab his hands before he tries to tickle me.

"Ok. I surrender." I let go of his hands and he grabs one of my papers and a pencil. I watch him as he starts to answer some questions.

I grab another pencil from my backpack and finish another paper. "If your so behind on homework then why don't you work on it now?" I ask Mallory. "You still have twenty minutes." She sighs and gets out her stuff.

"Are you gonna eat that?" Mallory asks Jacob pointing to his burrito. He shakes his head and slides it over to her. She grabs it from the foil and takes a big bite of it.

"This is so good." She moans. Jacob stifles a laugh and I slap him on the chest.

"Oww!" He says laughing. "You're violent lately."

"And you're hormonal lately." He laughs.

"Ugh! Why couldn't CJ and Lindsey fight like you two?"

"Huh?" I ask looking at her.

"You two always play fight. It's never been anything serious except for Taylor. Maybe that's why you get along so well."

"I'm not following." Jacob says.

"You have tiny fake fights that make up for a big serious fight."

"We're just playing around." Jacob says.