Fighting for a Spring Vacation Part 1

(Lexi's P.O.V)

Weeks passed by fast. We only had two more weeks until spring break. During winter break Mallory, Jacob, Jhordian, CJ, a girl we met about a month before named Lindsey, and I would hang out in our free time. After Jacob insisted it was his parents who wanted me over we had gotten our friends together and started hanging out.

During semester exams week we had our parents write out questions from our reviews and Jacob and I would answer them as quickly as possible and eventually turned into a game. Whoever got the answer right first got the point and the person with the most points wins. We tied two and each won a game.

After we had gotten our exams out of the way Jacob had an idea to go on a road trip around California. We decided to all get jobs so we could help pay. We all got to pick out things we could do for a day and since there were six of us we decided we would have a day off and hang out at the hotel which our parents had pitched in to help. Since they were only paying for the hotels we had to pay for food, tours, malls, snacks, and other entertainment which came to be about $420 each.

We spent weeks after that planning our spring break.

The day before we were leaving elwe all went to Jacob's house to count the money and double check the rooms. As we finish up the doorbell rings and since Jasmine is into her show, and Jacob is upstairs, Lindsey and I go to get the door.

"Where are the guys?" Mallory asks when we open the door for her.

"They're upstairs helping Jacob pack." I say pointing upstairs. Her gaze follows my finger and she shrugs.

"One difference between boys and girls, we don't wait until the last possible second unless it's homework." She says stepping inside. Lindsey groans beside me.

"I just can't wait until tomorrow!" She stomps her foot and we laugh.

"So what are y'all doing?" I shrug.

"Not much. Just watching Friends with Jasmine."

"Jasmine? Oh! We need a rematch on Mario Bros.!" She runs into the living room and we trail in behind her. As we're walking in they're already betting while Jasmine plugs in the Wii. She hands each of us a controller and puts it on Free for All. She wouldn't let me be Mario so I took yellow toad, Lindsey got Luigi, and Mallory got blue toad. During our fourth round Jhordian, CJ, and Jacob came downstairs.

"Who's winning?" Jacob asks after a while of watching.

"That would be muah!" I say when we get to the flag. The coins add up and we watch in silence. "Four wins in a row baby!" I say jumping from the couch. Pillows come flying from all directions and hit me. I sit back down on the couch and cross my arms. "Y'all are such sore losers."

"I wanna play." Jacob says after laughing at me.

"No way. You'll win every time! It won't be fair game!" Jasmine whines.

"Lexi hasn't been beaten yet either." Lindsey adds.

"Yeah. She didn't play last time." Mallory comments as she dies.

"Fine. Lets see who the real Mario Bros. champion is." Jasmine says as she goes to the home screen and takes off the third and fourth players and hands the controller to Jacob.

"Ready for you to be beat?" He asks. I shrug.

"Definitely ready for you to eat your words. I hope you're hungry." He rolls his eyes and I laugh. The guys "ohh" and the girls laugh. The first two rounds Jacob won by two of the little coins but on the third, fourth, fifth, and sixth I focused mainly on getting the big coins. We were only going ten rounds and on the seventh he got all three coins by killing me or ground pounding me so I couldn't get to them. So much for fair game. The eigth game I got two of the big coins and he got one. On the ninth he got two of the big coins. On the tenth he got two more big coins and I got one. Throughout the ten rounds Jacob mostly got the little coins which kept putting us close together. We all wanted in silence while the coins were being added together. We stared at the screen in shock. We tied.