Chapter 2

I've spent the last few hours riding my horse Willowby who's an eleven year old Arabian horse with my friend Timo who's the head of the stables , his horses name is Raven and she's a beautiful eight year old Friesian horse

          I've spent the last few hours riding my horse Willowby who's an eleven year old Arabian horse with my friend Timo who's the head of the stables , his horses name is Raven and she's a beautiful eight year old Friesian horse . Timo decided we would ride the trail trough the woods surrounding the estate .

       " let's start heading back Lavy , you have tennis after lunch " i pout up at Timo

       " let's start heading back Lavy , you have tennis after lunch " i pout up at Timo . The last thing I want to do is go back inside the estate . When we're in the woods I can pretend for just a little bit that I'm not a prisoner to my father . That I have an ounce of control on my life and my actions.

     " I'm sorry Lavy , I would let you stay if I could" Timo says sadly . " it's ok Timo it's not your fault , let's head back . Hopefully I get a really yummy lunch today". Timo smiles back at me in my change of moods . I try my hardest to never stay sad and try and look for what Inez calls the silver linings . I didn't know what that meant and it took Inez several attempts for me to understand , but once I did I use it all the time.

       Once we returned to the stable I went to take care of Willowby but Timo waved me away and told me to head up to the house before I'm late . I walk up the stone path from the stable to the back door of the estate . I love the path it reminds me of the stone path ways in the meadows in fairytales .

           When I make it inside I head straight to the powder room to wash my hands and then right to the lunch dinning room , it's less formal and only used for lunch here at the estate . Father never joins me for lunch , the only meal I must attend with him is dinner . I hate dinner . Just as I was siting down my friend and the head chef Nashie enters holding my lunch .

      " hello miss Lavy girl , how is your day been so far . For lunch today I've made a Lettuce Wrapped Grilled
Jalapeño Cheddar Turkey Burger with a side of cucumber and sweet potatoes. " I smile up at Nashie excited to eat such a yummy sounding lunch .

         I love burgers but father said I'm not allowed so Nashie figured out a way to give me yummy healthy burger options that father approves of

         I love burgers but father said I'm not allowed so Nashie figured out a way to give me yummy healthy burger options that father approves of . " thank you Nashie it looks so yummy , and my day has been good I got to ride Willowby for a few hours . How about you Nashie , how's your day been ?" .

         " my day has been good Lavy girl , I must head back to the kitchen to prepare for dinner "
" thank you Nashie see you later ". I wave with a big smile on my face as he leaves . If Nashie is preparing this early for dinner then that means father is having guests .

        Ive only met a select amount of people father knows or works with not many people know I exist , I don't really like any of the men my father brings over they me feel uncomfortable. None of them have actually ever done anything to me it's just the vibe I get from them . Just as I was finishing my lunch Inez walked in and told me it was time to get ready for tennis .

        Inez and I walk back upstairs to my room , i love my room it's my safe place . Father has never stepped foot in there. In fact the only person who has been inside my room is Inez . Anyone else just stays right outside the doorway. Oh and my room is my favorite color , lavender like my name . My mom's favorite flower and scent was lavender so she named me that .

    Father hated my name , said it was stupid . So he calls me by my middle name , Paige . Sometimes I flinch when people call me that . Inez says that I probably have Peety S. Dee , but I've never meet anyone named that and anytime she's tried to explain I get so bored I just end up zoning out .

       After Inez helped me change into my tennis dress and redid my hair , I realized I was running late and basically ran down the stairs to make it to the tennis court

       After Inez helped me change into my tennis dress and redid my hair , I realized I was running late and basically ran down the stairs to make it to the tennis court. Only I wasn't so lucky and ran into father at the bottom of the stairs . " Paige ! What have I told you about running down the stairs . It's not what a lady does ."

      " sorry father , I'm just running late for tennis". I know better than to look into my fathers eyes . Good little lady's keep their heads bowed , and only speak when spoken too. " listen Paige we are having a very important guest at dinner tonight . You must be on your best behavior." I slowly nod then reply , " yes father " .  " go to tennis Paige ."

            After that encounter with father I could barely focus on tennis , my trainer a cold  Russian women in her forties named Katarina spent most of the lesson yelling at me for not paying attention. I just can't get over what father said , who is this important guest coming to dinner . I have a really bad feeling about this.

 I have a really bad feeling about this