Chapter 33

It's been a few days since we met the Moretti family , I really enjoyed my time with them

It's been a few days since we met the Moretti family , I really enjoyed my time with them . I loved getting to see Calvin get to know his biological siblings . Him and Alessandro seemed to have gotten pretty close by the end of the night , I believe Alessandro is a few years younger than Cal. I really liked Ricky he was silly , and very sweet to me.

We've made plans to see them again soon , I think Calvin is a little excited about having a another family beside the one he found here on the compound . He hasn't said much on the topic but I can tell . In other news things have been great , I love the new physical side of Calvin and I's relationship. I really can't get enough! Calvin always makes me feel so good .

Anyways Cal is at work today I believe he's finishing up the restoration of a pick up truck . He told me all about the project and I found the sentiment very cute . After work we're going to be making homemade pizzas as an at home date night ! I'm so excited to try this actually , I saw a couple do it on one of those trashy reality shows I can't get enough of either.

Today has been a busy day so far for me , I started my morning with Helen the midwife I'm doing my apprenticeship with

Today has been a busy day so far for me , I started my morning with Helen the midwife I'm doing my apprenticeship with. Today I actually got to help the Mama to be through the labor process using the methods Helen and the textbooks have taught me . Which consists of using breathing techniques with the Mama , rubbing her back through contractions ,  helping her change positions and much more .

    I've really enjoyed working on my apprenticeship so much . I truly feel like an actual adult , and that what I'm doing is important. I feel proud of myself and sometimes when I look in the mirror and think back to the person I was three months ago I can barely recognize myself. I love the person I'm becoming , I'm so grateful for all of the people who have helped me along this journey.

Which brings me to today , I'm getting my butterfly tattoo. I've read in a book , somewhere one time that butterflies are often a metaphor representing spiritual rebirth, transformation, change and hope . I want to get this tattoo to not only symbolize the person I've become but to remember the person I once was and the journey of healing I've been on.

    I've waited months for Acid to get comfortable in his apprenticeship enough for him to do my tattoo. Two days ago Acid told me he was ready to do the tattoo as long as I still wanted it . I jumped up and hugged him and told him I couldn't wait for to finally tattoo me . So today , Iris is driving me over to her brother in law , Ink's tattoo shop so I can get my second ever tattoo.