Chapter 22

" ok lavender , I'm getting firefighters  to you but they are pretty far away at the moment and we had a large fire about twenty five minutes away from you

" ok lavender , I'm getting firefighters to you but they are pretty far away at the moment and we had a large fire about twenty five minutes away from you . " miss 911 says . " ok but what do we do now , Naomi's in a lot of pain...." .

    " oh fuck , I think he's starting to come out I feeling a lot of pressure. This wasn't supposed to be this way . I was supposed to have fury by my side and I was going to yell at him and tell him he's never touching me again but he's not even in the state !!"

Oh ok I'm not sure how to respond to that thankfully I put miss 911 on speaker so I don't have to repeat any of that to her .
" ok lavender I need you to check and see if the baby's head is visible. " ok I can definitely do that , it might be the right moment to say I may have watched a video called the miracle of birth so I already no what to expect when I look down there .

I lift up Naomi's maternity dress she decided to wear today , thank god . When I pull her underwear off I immediately see the top of baby nico's head . I guess all that back pain Naomi was having wasn't just an aching back , she was in labor for hours . Whoopsie !

" um .. yea his head is right there . " I hear miss 911 sigh " ok listen lavender I need you to be really brave , the firefighters aren't going to get to you in time based on how close together Naomi's contractions are . You're going to have to deliver the baby ." Woah , definitely didn't have this on my list of experiences . I'll just have to add it on when I get home .

" ok , I can do this . " " good girl lavender, ok I need you to look for the emergency kit in the elevator, it should be in a corner and it's inside a metal container. Do you see it ." I look around and see that Naomi is resting her back on it as she sits on the floor of the elevator. I quickly help Naomi move over to the other side so I can have access. " yep I got it" .

     " ok use some of the water to wash your hands

" ok use some of the water to wash your hands. Is there any gloves in there." I move the supplies around and I find a package of latex gloves , I quickly clean my hands and put the gloves on . " ok what's next ?" " do you see a towel or blanket , we need something warm to wrap the baby in after he comes out ."