Chapter 3

Hours later Inez is helping me get ready for dinner , I just got out of the shower and now Inez is drying my hair

Hours later Inez is helping me get ready for dinner , I just got out of the shower and now Inez is drying my hair . " I'm very nervous Inez , something doesn't feel right about this dinner with father and his guest ." " I know Honey , but you must be very brave tonight and follow all of Master Quinn's rules . I don't want to see you get hurt lavender ."

" I will Inez , I'll be the best behaved girl ever , maybe if I do really well you could sneak me a brownie for dessert " Inez smiles sadly at me before cupping my face with both her hands " you are always the best girl in the whole world , you are beautiful, kind , smart and most importantly resilient . I will do my best to get a treat for you little butterfly ".

I smile happily at both the idea of get a treat and Inez's very nice words , they make my heart feel warm . I wish I could feel like this all the time . Within a hour Inez has my hair and make up completed, it looks great . Inez always does a great job , and is very gently with my sensitive scalp. We quickly get my outfit on seeing we are running out of time. I can not be late or father will be very angry.

          " alright little butterfly, you look beautiful it's time for you to go downstairs

" alright little butterfly, you look beautiful it's time for you to go downstairs ." I nod before hugging Inez then making my way out of my room , my safe place and head downstairs. I meet with father in the lounge near the entry way as his personal bartender serves him a scotch .

" Good , your on time Paige . Now listen little girl and listen good , you will follow all my rules , you will not embarrass me in front of our guest ." I nod while keeping my head bowed and my hands crossed behind my back . " yes , father " before father could speak again the doorbell rang announcing our guest had arrived.

Maribel one of the maids heads to greet the guest at the door . When Maribel makes her way back to the lounge she's accompanied by a large older man . Immediately my body tenses up, tonight will not be good . " Beaumont , welcome to the estate . I'm glad you could join us for dinner old friend . " my father Allister Quinn greets the guest .

I notice the man is certainly older than father , I wonder how long they've known each other for my father to great him with such enthusiasm. That or my father wants something badly from this man .
" Allister , good to see you , you have a lovely home ." The man says to father , I can't help but disagree with him thought . Despite the estate being beautiful , it's not a home with father living in it .