Chapter 24

We're about thirty minutes away from the Jayne Family Farm , we stopped off at a cute little dinner that according to Calvin is a Grease themed dinner

We're about thirty minutes away from the Jayne Family Farm , we stopped off at a cute little dinner that according to Calvin is a Grease themed dinner . I don't know what grease is but acid whispered into my ear that it's an old movie . He even said when we get home we could watch it .

     " little one , you need to eat your food " I nod and take a bite of my chicken fingers

" little one , you need to eat your food " I nod and take a bite of my chicken fingers . I'm just so nervous about meeting my mothers family , I'm so scared to tell them the truth about mama. I mean I've had almost ten years to grieve my mama , but they'll have to start right now when I tell them mama died so long ago .

I hear Calvin sigh , " how about when we arrive at the farm I head inside and tell them about your mama and you ." I take a deep breath now because the weight on my chest has lifted some .
" please" I whisper with a tone of anxiety in my voice .

" of course baby , you'll hang outside with acid while I'm inside." I nod and refocus on my lunch . on a less anxiety ridden thought span, the ride upstate on Calvin's bike was amazing . Riding on the back of his bike has quickly become one of my favorite activities as of late. it's such a freeing experience and after a life in captivity I love any experience that reminds me I'm free.

Thirty minutes after we left the diner , we arrive at the absolutely breathtaking Farm that I grew up listening to my mother describe and rant about with such a profound feeling of nostalgia. I pictured this property in my head for years but reality is more beautiful than I could ever imagine.

The farm has several different houses on it in separate areas of the farm , but according to Hacker my grandparents house is in the center of the farm . It's symbolic, the parents in the center and their children surrounding them . Part of me wishes I got to grow up here but I know that isn't possible, I wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for father, well his genes more like it .

I also never would have meet Calvin and the rest of my family back on the compound , and I never want to wish for something like that . Cal pulls up in front of my grandparents house and acid beside us . It's so cute and looks cozy there's even a swing on the porch . I wish I had a porch swing , well I'd need a porch first but never mind I'll just get a swing set for the backyard .