Chapter 14

Waking up this morning I felt very light , like I could do just about anything

Waking up this morning I felt very light , like I could do just about anything. I feel like something really big happened but I just don't know , maybe I'm just healing . Or it could be that I got to talk to my friends yesterday afternoon. Who knows but whatever this feeling is I like it .

        I even decided to make breakfast on my own this morning, I quickly got dressed and raced downstairs to get started before Calvin could

I even decided to make breakfast on my own this morning, I quickly got dressed and raced downstairs to get started before Calvin could . I settled on making a simple but delicious breakfast for Calvin and I . I'm going to make scrambled eggs , bacon and sausage for cal he loves that stuff me not so much , I even cut up strawberries for myself .

One of the things I really miss about the estate is my garden, I had an extensive garden filled with all kinds of plants , flowers , herbs , fruit and vegetables. The estates kitchen mainly ran of supplies from my garden. I will admit it wasn't always MY garden, it was originally my mothers .

My mother's name was Dorothy Jayne Quinn , I believe her maiden name was Jayne . She once told me her parents gave her no middle name so that when she married and took her husband's name, her last name would become her middle name and a part of them would always be with her.

I've never met her family before , mama once told me that father forbid her from having any contact with her family the day after they married. You see mama, she grew up on a farm in upstate New York . She told me the farm fell on hard times and she wanted to help her family .

Apparently mama had taken a job as a waitress in her local town and father was passing through one day for a business meeting. He made her a deal , she marry him and he'd pay of her family's debt , save the farm and give a large sum of money to her family annually that was under a million , I believe but would definitely ensure her family wouldn't fall into debt ever again .

Mama felt so desperate, the farm had been in her fathers family for four generations . She couldn't just sit there and watch as the life line of their family fell through their hands . So mama took the deal , her family begged her not to . They saw through fathers mask , they saw the monster in his eyes but mama was stubborn.